New E - Series

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
can you tell us about the price points for the other E's? and what about the annual fees? increases there or still the same dongle fee plus add-ons?
The E1 is about $11k the E3 is close to $20 while the E2 is in the middle.
3shape is offering the "E" scanners with no annual commitment. So, you buy now, you get the latest software version. upgrades for this version and support for a year. After a year you're on your own. You pay nothing and receive no support nor upgrades. At CAP we are encouraging all labs purchasing an E series scanner to opt into the upgrades and support program.
1. The vast majority of labs need the support, continuously, long term. If we were to sell you a scanner and you opt out of support fees and have problems or go down you will be very unhappy and it's our name associated with the sale.
2. With a support team now at 30 full-time staff, it will become impossible to be supporting 3Shape V 2016, 2017, 2018 and so on. To offer quality support we need all our customer on one of the last two versions of the software.
3. I believe it is short-sighted to opt out as 3Shape does a major software advancement every year. Why not be in for better, more efficient software with increased indications as they become available. The price of admission is well worth the cost.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
you've always been able to do pre-prep scans. I want to know if you can put a large articulator in there.
Large articulator update by year end. They are making a custom plate to hold the instrument.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The E1 is about $11k the E3 is close to $20 while the E2 is in the middle.
3shape is offering the "E" scanners with no annual commitment. So, you buy now, you get the latest software version. upgrades for this version and support for a year. After a year you're on your own. You pay nothing and receive no support nor upgrades. At CAP we are encouraging all labs purchasing an E series scanner to opt into the upgrades and support program.
1. The vast majority of labs need the support, continuously, long term. If we were to sell you a scanner and you opt out of support fees and have problems or go down you will be very unhappy and it's our name associated with the sale.
2. With a support team now at 30 full-time staff, it will become impossible to be supporting 3Shape V 2016, 2017, 2018 and so on. To offer quality support we need all our customer on one of the last two versions of the software.
3. I believe it is short-sighted to opt out as 3Shape does a major software advancement every year. Why not be in for better, more efficient software with increased indications as they become available. The price of admission is well worth the cost.
I thought you still get the updates even without the support.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm sure the support on here would suffice wouldn't it?
Seem like a friendly lot.

D

dendee

Reaction score
Toronto Canada. Not heard of a Micron, but I was looking at the imes 650. Wonder if its large enough...
thank-you for your response, Bob.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can use ScanIt Resoration (original) scan software on the E-Series or just ScanIt Dental (new)?
2016 will be the last year of scanittestoration it is phased out in 2017. But only d900 and lower can run on scan it restoration d1000 and all newer scanner will only run on scanitdental.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
2016 will be the last year of scanittestoration it is phased out in 2017. But only d900 and lower can run on scan it restoration d1000 and all newer scanner will only run on scanitdental.

Thanks Sevan,
Can you align bite to pre-prep yet on scanitdental? I'm still bummed out about this, unless I 'm doing something wrong or they updated it

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thanks Sevan,
Can you align bite to pre-prep yet on scanitdental? I'm still bummed out about this, unless I 'm doing something wrong or they updated it
Not yet I'm on 2017.1
0 and still no. But it is a highly talked about feature to be added.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score

Hi Glenn,
Not familiar with this. What I am refering to is a 2nd "prep side" model you can merge with your prep side working model (Diagnostic waxup, pre-op, sectioned model ect). Once you merge the two, you get the choice out of which arch to align a bite to with opposing. It is a very helpful tool to have. It's been a lifesaver when working with cases where the bite reg is shot and no great reference points to occlude to

I honestly can't go without it. It's a deal breaker for me.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thanks Sevan,
The work around require 3rd party software like meshmixe4 (free) and Declan exchange or. crossmanager.

First create a case for a table top or splint. Scan the pre op and opposing. Grab the scan file in the lower and upper folder. These files have the bite Info in them. Convert them to stl for crossmanager or Declan exchange.

Import upper arch into meshmixer, them the lower if asked append to not replace. Highlight them both and combine. Export as stl, now you have a 360° bite of the pre op and opposing.

Now create a case for a single coping, right click import scan and import the combined stl from meshmixer. Now you have a dcm file if the bite, right click advanced explore and crab the file.

Create the final case and scan with pre op, at bite stage import the dcm bite file.

It takes more stepes but it can be done. But I have mentioned it in the beta testing group and multiple people have asked to ring it back.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
The work around require 3rd party software like meshmixe4 (free) and Declan exchange or. crossmanager.

First create a case for a table top or splint. Scan the pre op and opposing. Grab the scan file in the lower and upper folder. These files have the bite Info in them. Convert them to stl for crossmanager or Declan exchange.

Import upper arch into meshmixer, them the lower if asked append to not replace. Highlight them both and combine. Export as stl, now you have a 360° bite of the pre op and opposing.

Now create a case for a single coping, right click import scan and import the combined stl from meshmixer. Now you have a dcm file if the bite, right click advanced explore and crab the file.

Create the final case and scan with pre op, at bite stage import the dcm bite file.

It takes more stepes but it can be done. But I have mentioned it in the beta testing group and multiple people have asked to ring it back.

Good God :(

Top Bottom