New E - Series

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Got the new 3 shape E - series prospect for the ids looks like they want to kill the Medits !!!

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Can you do pre-prep scans with the software...I heard there was software updates?

Sean

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
you've always been able to do pre-prep scans. I want to know if you can put a large articulator in there.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
you've always been able to do pre-prep scans. I want to know if you can put a large articulator in there.
thats the idea. should be able to fit any artic.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
This series is build to kill the mediots 10 bucks on the ids with cb module, but ive never seen more dilettante 16 second information than from .... scanning double impressions company as business model. Nobody in the hole world made such simple stupid comparing than their sales.
dont think the danish guys didnt make their homework to make a arti fit- its the most simple thing

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
The new "E" series scanners look great. I was at an all day 3Shape distributor meeting in Chicago. It's not at all about killing Medit. It's simply about building better cheaper technology for all of us. And it looks like 3Shape has done it with the E series. There are 3 models, E1, E2 and E3 as well ad the D1000 & D2000. All other "D" series have been discontinued. Here are some of the features included:
All E series (as well as D) will include impression scanning technology that will become dramatically improved over a relatively short time frame.
The "E" scanners knows when you put a model on the scan platform and automatically start the scan process.
The "E's" are also absolutely silent when scanning. This is great as we already have so much noise in labs.
To scan a full arch in the E1 takes just 40 seconds, The E2, 30 S and the E3 24S.
They all have 2 - 5 megapixel cameras and use blue LED light.
They will also have a new smile design software come this summer. This will come out as a free upgrade for all. This is like a super fast photoshop where you can receive a patient photo and mock it up in just a couple of minutes and soot it back to the dentist for a before and after photos. We can later drop the plan into the design software when designing the final restorations. This will help us all with patient acceptance and communication.
Best of all, the price point. One can get in for about $10K for the E1. 3Shape has now become affordable to all labs.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The new "E" series scanners look great. I was at an all day 3Shape distributor meeting in Chicago. It's not at all about killing Medit. It's simply about building better cheaper technology for all of us. And it looks like 3Shape has done it with the E series. There are 3 models, E1, E2 and E3 as well ad the D1000 & D2000. All other "D" series have been discontinued. Here are some of the features included:
All E series (as well as D) will include impression scanning technology that will become dramatically improved over a relatively short time frame.
The "E" scanners knows when you put a model on the scan platform and automatically start the scan process.
The "E's" are also absolutely silent when scanning. This is great as we already have so much noise in labs.
To scan a full arch in the E1 takes just 40 seconds, The E2, 30 S and the E3 24S.
They will also have a new smile design software come this summer. This will come out as a free upgrade for all. This is like a super fast photoshop where you can receive a patient photo and mock it up in just a couple of minutes and soot it back to the dentist for a before and after photos. We can later drop the plan into the design software when designing the final restorations. This will help us all with patient acceptance and communication.
Best of all, the price point. One can get in for about $10K for the E1. 3Shape has now become affordable to all labs.
Bob, thanks for the details. They look very interesting.
No matter their track record, I'd never buy something for what it 'will eventually do', but what it's capable of right now.

Procera's piccilo and forte also promised an impression scanning upgrade... You could scan the oposing at release, but never the working. And massive nationwide tv commercials pushing their brand name. What wide eyed innocents we were.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
can you tell us about the price points for the other E's? and what about the annual fees? increases there or still the same dongle fee plus add-ons?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I probably drive my reseller nuts with my support requests so I have to think about the no fee/no support concept.
For those onsie wearing parent basement dwelling bottle fed computer weaned millenials that eat sleep and breath code, tech support is a waste of money.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i disagree. Tech support is there for you to rail the company when you need to. Yes, there is alot we can do ourselves, but as the years move on, I've come to realize that I find myself more and more in alignment with protocol that i may have found stupid before.

Sometimes, there are other things to do/test/cases to go out that you want to be able to say, Zahn/CAP support, take care of this, here is the Teamviewer ID.

But that is encroaching on the premise of a relationship with your vendor, which is extremely important.

Now if you DO have the time and it's not better spent elsewhere, then all the power to you! :D

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I don't see where I said that.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i think you misread it. I also probably shouldn't have started off with I disagree....not sure why i did.....

what i meant to say was that I agree, that only a onesie wearing parent basement dwelling millenial would have the time to push off support.

Top Bottom