Multilayered zirconia

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Argen and Amman Girbach gen x are very good.
I am using Argen's ht+multi and st multi for most of my work, just want a decent CONCISTANT result from a multi strength zr with translucent inc. and strong everything else. I thought Amann's zr pucks are not 98.5mm.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I’m with sideboob. White peaks Hyperion is what I use and is pretty fantastic. Pontics of D shade bridges are super gray unfortunately. We stain the darker shades from a lighter disc to keep inventory and constant disc changes to a minimum

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I’m with sideboob. White peaks Hyperion is what I use and is pretty fantastic. Pontics of D shade bridges are super gray unfortunately. We stain the darker shades from a lighter disc to keep inventory and constant disc changes to a minimum
I am with you on staining the lighter shaded discs. I will definitely give whitepeaks a call.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I thought Amann's zr pucks are not 98.5mm.
I think they are compatible with the 98.5mm brackets.
Pontics of D shade bridges are super gray unfortunately.
D shades are an issue in general. I have tried may of the options and have not really found one that is 'perfect'. Prime Esthetic is not too bad. But that is only for single crowns or small bridges.

As for pontics, I started applying that stark white blocking stain to the intaglio. First, it blocks the 'low' value coming from the tissue and also reflects toward the big volume of the Pontic. I do think it helps in that regard.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score

D shades are an issue in general. I have tried may of the options and have not really found one that is 'perfect'. Prime Esthetic is not too bad. But that is only for single crowns or small bridges.

As for pontics, I started applying that stark white blocking stain to the intaglio. First, it blocks the 'low' value coming from the tissue and also reflects toward the big volume of the Pontic. I do think it helps in that regard.
I used the "white" to keep the value higher under pontic technique in the pfm days using Ivoclar's dSign "brilliant white" midifier porcelain under the pontic.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score

I’m going to give that a try

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i moved over to hyperion for the bulk of cases last year. used to stock smile and supreme, but it got annoying keeping track of it all and most clients didnt care. so we made the move.
agreed 100% on the darker C and D shades. we usually mill a shade lighter and stain to where we need them

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Lots of useful information! Thank you

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
i moved over to hyperion for the bulk of cases last year. used to stock smile and supreme, but it got annoying keeping track of it all and most clients didnt care. so we made the move.
agreed 100% on the darker C and D shades. we usually mill a shade lighter and stain to where we need them
What id the difference between Hyperion and Hyperion joy?

T

tatooth

Reaction score
Is anyone using multilayered zirconia (different strength and translucency) with good results? I have tried a few: (Katana YML, Sagemax T Multi) with mixed results (visible demarcation line, too much chroma, not enough chroma)
I have Nacera Pearl Natural on the way to try. Need something for full contour medium span bridges especially anterior.
Thank you in advance for your feedback.
We have been using Aidite 3D Pro. It looks great. Color is a little light in value but we can MIYO that to the correct shade.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
We have been using Aidite 3D Pro. It looks great. Color is a little light in value but we can MIYO that to the correct shade.
I shell investigate, heard the name but know nothing about this product.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
lol, what are they doing, flipping a coin in the shipping dept, "heads, we send it, tails, we don't" :)
Last Friday they said it went out to another lab with the same name.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I tried the multi zir from quite few companies, and I’m not really impressed.

I prefer to use the white zirconia because a big percentage of the units I use not thicker than 10 mm, so I could fit many in a 10 mm thickness zirconia puck.

As a small operation, I could control the shade much better with pre-sintering staining and followed by Miyo

on the other hand if I have to mill 10 mm unit in a 14 mm multi zirconia puck, I am wasting time material and burs life.

I understand if you operate a big dental lab, consistency is an issue and a multi puck zirconia is may be the way to go.

The pre-sintering stains now being of water-based with long drying time should be no issue for heating elements.mho

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I tried the multi zir from quite few companies, and I’m not really impressed.

I prefer to use the white zirconia because a big percentage of the units I use not thicker than 10 mm, so I could fit many in a 10 mm thickness zirconia puck.

As a small operation, I could control the shade much better with pre-sintering staining and followed Miyo

on the other hand if I have to mill 10 mm unit in a 14 mm multi zirconia puck, I am wasting time material and burs life.

I understand if you operate a big dental lab, consistency is an issue and a multi puck zirconia is may be the way to go.

The pre-sintering stains now being of water-based with long drying time should be no issue for heating elements.mho
That's why I keep a couple of disks of HT+ white on hand, for times I don't have the proper connectors for multi-layer zirconia bridges, which I then color and dip.
I totally agree with the water-based not being as much of an issue, especially if it's pre-dried before sintering, compared to the acid-based liquids.

Top Bottom