Models kept on file?

T

thewhitelab

Reaction score
I have been asked to scan Ortho models and keep on file to reduce storage for a couple of clients. What is the best way to do this in exocad? Is anybody doing this? (May need to print in future)
Thanks

Last edited:
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Very carefully.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Are you charging for this service? Are you responsible if you lose the data or are you giving them the scans to store?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Export the scan on to a jump drive, label it and store it away from magnets. Or export them on to external hard drive and keep that some where safe. How long are you going to keep the files for?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
We do this for one of our guys, bought a 1T external hard drive for him and set him up his own free 5gig cloud space and email him over a .stl pdf that gives you the option to print file. Pain in the neck to set up but now that it is we get the secretary to back it up to the 1T drive email him and up date his cloud. Hope some of that helps Pete

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Scan and email for fee. He can then pay for a storage service via cloud. The dentist still bears the responsibility for maintainig the records.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
We do this for one of our guys, bought a 1T external hard drive for him and set him up his own free 5gig cloud space and email him over a .stl pdf that gives you the option to print file. Pain in the neck to set up but now that it is we get the secretary to back it up to the 1T drive email him and up date his cloud. Hope some of that helps Pete

Great point k2, I see we're on the same page; just missed your post by seconds.

A

ApexDM

Reaction score
Which scanner are you using to scan the models?

Chris

Bruce Milling Operator

Bruce Milling Operator

Reaction score
hi guys, So what is the best way to do that way in ExoCAD. I got one doctor who want to keep all in cloud and he use iTero to scan it and ask me to create a virtual model (got ortho base and blah) for him to store. But I have no idea how to create a ortho model in ExoCAD.

Top Bottom