Milling Center...no quality control?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
really? i might have a die that will generate several artifacts. i don't have a 900 to see how it will be. if the case comes back i will consider shipping you the die for you to scan but i don't think the case is coming back soon.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Marcus

the use of scanning spray is absolutely required on dies featuring ANY of the following:

sharp corners
any waxed-out area
reduction area marked in sharpie
metal exposed i.e. cores
very rough j-prep
extremely "surfboardish" margins associated with jprep

all of these arise from old and new doctors alike. all of these conditions need scan spray. all of it. its all fixable though; and i have seen it work with my own eyes. with intraoral scanning LIKE iTero. anything that will digitally show the dcotor the prep before it leaves the office. show the height, show the distance to antagonist.

the doctor sees the job on the margins and begins to realize how rough it is. within half a year the style of preps has changed DRAMATICALLY. the use of scan spray drops off as soon as that happens.

but, no sooner. if you hate how the labs you use need to use spray, you need to factor the above conditions in the case you are sending. the above factors are, as you well know, the causes of bad design in the sirona systems.
When I was cutting with the 340i, I never needed spray... In fact, I was and have always been impressed with CADCAM since working with that machine. It changed my opinion of CADCAM as it was a negative one before working with higher end equipment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
The only time we ever use spray is on Ti Abutments. Other then that we don't need it and that is with a D700 and D800.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
The only time we ever use spray is on Ti Abutments. Other then that we don't need it and that is with a D700 and D800.
really? you must have some well trained docs. i need it on nearly every case. we get such strange preps with j margins and wild margin edges. i use the same scanners as you too.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
really? you must have some well trained docs. i need it on nearly every case. we get such strange preps with j margins and wild margin edges. i use the same scanners as you too.

It must be a Canadian thing :D

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
By the way, Tyler is extremely jealous of my 900;)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
maybe your scan settings are are jacked up?

And Jason, I may be reading this wrong. but are you liking the d900 more than medit exocad?

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I think it would be nice if Jason gave us a comparison of the 2 scanners he has used. But, maybe it's not a fair comparison because the D900 is a newer scanner unless you compare it with the newer medit(blue light).

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I will take some time and give a good comparison later. My brother, who I have taught to use our cad systems, and is now doing a majority of the design work, said he would quit if we went back to Exocad lol. He was joking around....... But only a little;) The scanner itself is definitely light years ahead of the medit system I was using. I have not used the new medit blue though. The scanners are one thing, but the design system itself is another. I could easily go with Exocad for years to come, and be ok. That said, 3shape design software is pretty amazing. Exocad, very smart shade tree mechanic. 3shape, PhD in mechanical engineering;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

C

charles007

Reaction score
You heard it first on DLN.. the sh t just hit the fan and traveling all over the world at the speed of light..

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
See Charles the dark side is always better. My personal opinion is I am sure the scanners that you have the option to buy with Exocad might be better but I will say I personally think the 3Shape design software is 100% better the Exocad. At the end of the day though they all make you money so 3Shape or Exocad is better the doing the job better then the analog way.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
That's comforting to hear Jason! Glad I stuck with 3shape. And to be diplomatic, I think exocad is a great tool as well.
Back to topic, IMO, a milling center should clean things up before returning them.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
you don't worry about microfractures or thickness? you always have 1mm of room ?
I got a Calipreto that I modified for measuring anything anywhere. And I have hands like a lady, no fractures. :)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
YOU HAVE A WOMAN'S HANDS!!!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
"
dork |dôrk|
noun
informal a dull, slow-witted, or socially inept person.
• vulgar slang the penis.
DERIVATIVES
dorky adjective
ORIGIN 1960s (originally U.S., in the sense ‘penis’ ): perhaps a variant of dirk , influenced by **** 1 ."

Honestly. Buy a frickin' dictionary.
Where does that say anything specifically about whales dip****?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You heard it first on DLN.. the sh t just hit the fan and traveling all over the world at the speed of light..

Charles, this is a game of leap-frog.

When will you come to realize this about software?

Exocad is totally rebuilt for 2014 with some amazing new things.

I think most will find it equal or superior to the 3shape when it is released.

It has been evolving much faster then 3shape. 2-3x as fast despite all the employees at 3shape.

??

C

charles007

Reaction score
Charles, this is a game of leap-frog.

When will you come to realize this about software?

Exocad is totally rebuilt for 2014 with some amazing new things.

I think most will find it equal or superior to the 3shape when it is released.

It has been evolving much faster then 3shape. 2-3x as fast despite all the employees at 3shape.

??
Got that right.. Can't wait for Exocad to turn into a frog and take a big leap.