Milling Center...no quality control?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
One of my techs complained about having to do some work on the crowns in the green stage the other day .I explained to her that's why she still has a job because some work still needs to be done that the software doesn't do efficiently she shut up after that.Just a different way to look at things.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
One of my techs complained about having to do some work on the crowns in the green stage the other day .I explained to her that's why she still has a job because some work still needs to be done that the software doesn't do efficiently she shut up after that.Just a different way to look at things.
I like saving the details for the green stage. I got plenty of burs just perfect for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I

Infinity Phill

Reaction score
Well, I sent the same file to two different centers to do a comparison. My usual, Compartis and another one whom I will leave anonymous out of courtesy for them. 'Their' case arrived first, so that one goes in their column, but it also would take much more stain to get close to the prescribed shade...and Id have to flick off the sintering beads that were stuck on the occlusal...and Id have to patch up the gouges left where they over zealously removed the connectors. I wouldn't give them an 'F', but I wont be using them again.
Well, I sent the same file to two different centers to do a comparison. My usual, Compartis and another one whom I will leave anonymous out of courtesy for them. 'Their' case arrived first, so that one goes in their column, but it also would take much more stain to get close to the prescribed shade...and Id have to flick off the sintering beads that were stuck on the occlusal...and Id have to patch up the gouges left where they over zealously removed the connectors. I wouldn't give them an 'F', but I wont be using them again.
Well, I sent the same file to two different centers to do a comparison. My usual, Compartis and another one whom I will leave anonymous out of courtesy for them. 'Their' case arrived first, so that one goes in their column, but it also would take much more stain to get close to the prescribed shade...and Id have to flick off the sintering beads that were stuck on the occlusal...and Id have to patch up the gouges left where they over zealously removed the connectors. I wouldn't give them an 'F', but I wont be using them again.[/quote

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
And your point ? ^^^^^^ :rolleyes:

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
We are not a milling center,but do accept .stl files from labs looking for a beautiful product handled by C&B techs who pay attention to your specific needs. I.E. custom staining in the green state. Just send us the file by 4pm CST and we will send it out the next day.

user name

user name

Reaction score
And your point ? ^^^^^^ :rolleyes:
Its one of the regular posters on here. He created a new account just for that, although he'll probably go 'like' all his other posts to puff up his perception of credibility. Hes miffed. Bipolar, insecure, probably drunk.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Boy....that could be anyone on here.....the list is looooong.:p

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
We are not a milling center,but do accept .stl files from labs looking for a beautiful product handled by C&B techs who pay attention to your specific needs. I.E. custom staining in the green state. Just send us the file by 4pm CST and we will send it out the next day.
Ehhhh, doesn't that make you a milling center?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Its one of the regular posters on here. He created a new account just for that, although he'll probably go 'like' all his other posts to puff up his perception of credibility. Hes miffed. Bipolar, insecure, probably drunk.
We've got a bunch of those, you've gotta be more specific.

user name

user name

Reaction score
If I had someone poke me with a stick every time I did or said something dumb, Id be pretty sore, so Im not going to point a finger. Everybody gets to wear the dunce hat...we just pass it around.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Dunce hat, you talking to me.. it seems to be super glued to my fat head..

user name

user name

Reaction score
Back on topic. I sent the 'competitor' another file. Yeah, yeah, I shot my mouth off and said I wouldn't use them again. It showed up quick, no sintering beads stuck to it and the color is pretty bang on...for a ZRo2.

You know who you are. Good job, and thanks. I know youre pissed at me, but its not like you don't shoot your mouth off too. Am I welcome to send you more work?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Sometimes folks need a little nudge to get back on track. All the facilities never provided 100% satisfaction 100% of the time. Usually starts off pretty good and then they start slipping. Either you're not important ($$$$$) enough, or probably due to personnel changes is my guess. Or they probably simply DGAS.

Beads are the least of my problems; dirty models full of spray, dirty copings, poor fit, shade off, milled with a lawn mower,,,ahh ..almost forgot ....and a weedeater ? Now that's a problem.

So I take it " DPS " finally got their compressor and air hose working? :p

Last edited:
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Sometimes folks need a little nudge to get back on track. All the facilities never provided 100% satisfaction 100% of the time. Usually starts off pretty good and then they start slipping. Either you're not important ($$$$$) enough, or probably due to personnel changes is my guess. Or they probably simply DGAS.

Beads are the least of my problems; dirty models full of spray, dirty copings, poor fit, shade off, milled with a lawn mower,,,ahh ..almost forgot ....and a weedeater ? Now that's a problem.

So I take it " DPS " finally got their compressor and air hose working? :p
Yea I hate when I get a case back and the solid casts and working model are covered in spray. Especially under the dies. And theyre shouldnt be a need for marker spray anyway. Maybe with the MCXL, but not on a real mill...
If I had to spray the casts to fit the Zirc, I would hide all that spray by cleaning it Sweetly before I sent it out... you know, hide my shame...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Yea I hate when I get a case back and the solid casts and working model are covered in spray. Especially under the dies. And theyre shouldnt be a need for marker spray anyway. Maybe with the MCXL, but not on a real mill...
If I had to spray the casts to fit the Zirc, I would hide all that spray by cleaning it Sweetly before I sent it out... you know, hide my shame...
Marcus

the use of scanning spray is absolutely required on dies featuring ANY of the following:

sharp corners
any waxed-out area
reduction area marked in sharpie
metal exposed i.e. cores
very rough j-prep
extremely "surfboardish" margins associated with jprep

all of these arise from old and new doctors alike. all of these conditions need scan spray. all of it. its all fixable though; and i have seen it work with my own eyes. with intraoral scanning LIKE iTero. anything that will digitally show the dcotor the prep before it leaves the office. show the height, show the distance to antagonist.

the doctor sees the job on the margins and begins to realize how rough it is. within half a year the style of preps has changed DRAMATICALLY. the use of scan spray drops off as soon as that happens.

but, no sooner. if you hate how the labs you use need to use spray, you need to factor the above conditions in the case you are sending. the above factors are, as you well know, the causes of bad design in the sirona systems.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Marcus

the use of scanning spray is absolutely required on dies featuring ANY of the following:

sharp corners
any waxed-out area
reduction area marked in sharpie
metal exposed i.e. cores
very rough j-prep
extremely "surfboardish" margins associated with jprep

all of these arise from old and new doctors alike. all of these conditions need scan spray. all of it. its all fixable though; and i have seen it work with my own eyes. with intraoral scanning LIKE iTero. anything that will digitally show the dcotor the prep before it leaves the office. show the height, show the distance to antagonist.

the doctor sees the job on the margins and begins to realize how rough it is. within half a year the style of preps has changed DRAMATICALLY. the use of scan spray drops off as soon as that happens.

but, no sooner. if you hate how the labs you use need to use spray, you need to factor the above conditions in the case you are sending. the above factors are, as you well know, the causes of bad design in the sirona systems.
Not with my D900;)well, metal of course...