Making a model from trios scan for straumann vario base in 3 shape 2015

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Get with the program and let it ride:(! 2016 fo life. Ill pull it out of one of my other systems tonight on 2015
I was just stating cause you didn't, I'm 2016 already.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
the real problem is that Straumann DME does not follow XYZ standard from 3Shape, they made their own standard. All the files can be pulled apart even with the repositioning analog it is difficult to say for certain.

so for a posterior molar I may chance it, but as we are 75% anterior, this is rolling the die at best, on top of 3D printing inaccuracy.

Best solution so far is to simply send to Atlantis for custom base or reg Abutment / core file and milling the abutment as a Die.

If anyone has success in other formats please share. I'd love to go OEM straumann but at this point it's like they are begging us not to work with them.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
I do not know if this answering your question or if it is possible. With our latest release of the DME file for 3shape we have the ability to use model builder and use our analog and 3d print them. It is also available in the Dental Wings software.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
sorry here is a picture of the analog in 3shape and a printed model with them...you no longer have to use expensive analogs for 3d printed models

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Strange...in Australia they are far ahead of the other major implant companies in terms of digital workflows...Maybe it's because they're all a bit slow.
did you guys try that link from straumann? I just imported in to 2016 and it has all to interfaces for the models.
http://www.straumann-cares-digital-...loads/3shape/Straumann_Abutment_2015_V5-0.zip
It is a little thing called the FDA and in applies to us in the US. Sigh........... plus I have talked with many tech people at straumann and they all said no. People saying they do them here in the states are lying. And this that say they don't prove it. Simply Straumann US does not have a digital implant model option at all. Outside the US maybe but I'm not going to to print in Europe to have a or straumann digital analog. I would rather use the nt trading library then make a OE Straumann abutment on top of the nt trading model. Yeah a few extra day but in the end the part that really matters is a OE straumann abutment.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
It is a little thing called the FDA and in applies to us in the US. Sigh........... plus I have talked with many tech people at straumann and they all said no. People saying they do them here in the states are lying. And this that say they don't prove it. Simply Straumann US does not have a digital implant model option at all. Outside the US maybe but I'm not going to to print in Europe to have a or straumann digital analog. I would rather use the nt trading library then make a OE Straumann abutment on top of the nt trading model. Yeah a few extra day but in the end the part that really matters is a OE straumann abutment.

I did get my model back on Friday, the analog did fit but not as tight as one from itero. This was a variobase 4.1 rc with a full zirconia on top. I'll take some shots of it and post them later.
No lie

Top Bottom