having models made from Trios scan

G

Gene

Reaction score
One of my accts. has purchased a Trios scanner. His trial period of @30 crown is just about up and will start sending files to my 3 shape. I have seen some of the models that he has received and I'm not impressed. My lab is also a Itero lab and receive the Itero models that are much better, ie; the dies are atleast stable. The models the dr has gotten from thje lab, the dies move all over the place . Is this normal with these new style models, hollow based. I think these are "printed " models, itero is milled. Also, I have called Itero a couple times to ask if I can send this dr's file to them to have the models made , 2 yes , 1 No? Any recommendation for a model making lab to send file to?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Argen or Core 3D

check out the Full Contour zirconia thread

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
What is @30 crown?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
One of my accts. has purchased a Trios scanner. His trial period of @30 crown is just about up and will start sending files to my 3 shape. I have seen some of the models that he has received and I'm not impressed. My lab is also a Itero lab and receive the Itero models that are much better, ie; the dies are atleast stable. The models the dr has gotten from thje lab, the dies move all over the place . Is this normal with these new style models, hollow based. I think these are "printed " models, itero is milled. Also, I have called Itero a couple times to ask if I can send this dr's file to them to have the models made , 2 yes , 1 No? Any recommendation for a model making lab to send file to?

where are you located? If this is Gene Rosa from Great Neck, NY - i would send to CAP.

G

Gene

Reaction score
30 Crowns, when he bought the scanner, part of the deal was that he had to send to a particular lab for his trial/ training period for atlest 30 units. This is Gene Hunt in Lake Worth Fl. I was thing of CAP. Thanks for the replys. But again,a while ago, I needed to have a model made from a ZZ file, the case was a full lower implant case. The ZZ lab found someone out West I think in Las Vegas. anyway, the dies were so flemmzy that it was basically garbage., and I noticed thet the models the dr was receiving were the same style and from somewhere else were not that much better And like I said the Itero models the die aare atleast stable. Does anyone have a particular preferance between the different modeling processes, printed or milled?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Vegas eh? might even be Aurum's Vegas branch. possbile but i don't know.

Milling models is not really different from Milling models insofar as they both still retain a lot of marks from manufacturing. Printing has the disadvantage of not being able to re-contour the final finish in a rotated x/y plane. both can be fairly innacurate and miss small details if they are too sharp.

but that being said i don't see why the printed model would be wibbly on the die unless there was some material underneath the die that might cause it to not seat properly.

Tero

Tero

Reaction score
Gene, do you have right material files for this manufacturer who made the 3D printed models?
At least with our systems this is importan to get stif dies and good results with 3D printed models.
Basicly this is same with milled restaurations. You need to use right spacer values in you 3shape system.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
We have an MP3500. I can print some models for you. First one at no charge - see what you think and go from there. Send me a PM if you're interested...

(Was the case you are referencing in your post an implant case with analogs inserted into the printed model? If so, we can do that, but I would need to charge you for the analogs - just an FYI)