Looking to BUY a Roland DWX-50 milling machine (EU only)

Razvan

Razvan

Reaction score
Hello,

I got the CAD system (Dental-Wings) for a year and a half and now it's time for CAM system in our lab. After attending the IDS in Koeln the winner is: Roland DWX-50 milling machine.

I know many of you guys are familiar with this machine, so I would really appreciate if you know dealers (from EU only) that can make a good offer for a brand new or a used one (either from expo shows or refurbished).

If there is any laboratory who is upgrading and looking to sell their Roland machine, I'm interested in buying one second-hand as well (with sintering oven, vacuum as well)

As for the software I heard sum3D is recommended. Least, what does the maintainance of the Roland DWX-50 consists of and where is the best place to have it checked and how often?

Many thanks!

Razvan

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
We own Rolland DWX-50 and this is fantastic machine, also when it was released it was very reasonably priced. But at this moment it is pricey for for what it does, no metal or e-max milling. Just as an idea please take a look at Yenadent D15 milling machine. It is capable of metal and wet milling which greatly expands your possibilities. As for the software for DWX-50, we used to run it with Sum3D, but when we bought Yenadent DC40 and got MaykaDental with it we also decided to try to run our DWX-50 on it and it has been very good decision, automatic nesting is great time saver and it also reduced bur braking to zero. Don't understand me wrong, I am not trying to advertise Yenadent to you, I am just trying to say that there are better choices than DWX-50 at the moment. Good luck with your purchase.

Razvan

Razvan

Reaction score
Hello! Thanks for replying, what price is the Yenadent D15, are they in the same category of costs? MaykaDental vs. sum3D in terms of price?

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
First Thing,​
Please accept my deepest condolence for you using that devilish uncomfortable DW system. But no one have died from it ( I hope so... ) and people get up from bigger blows and start straight from the bottom up to the stars :D
I would also loved to buy DWX-50 but for the moment I have to use other closed system.
If your name doesn't confuse me as it sounds like from far east of Europe, you should try contacting Vladislav Isakov in Kiev, Ukraine "Yamamoto" Lab.
DWX-50 + SUM 3D your fight back to cruel CAD/CAM world :D Good luck!

Razvan

Razvan

Reaction score
Thanks @AltreX for the info, indeed, DentalWings didn't kill anyone yet, but sure caused hairloss and insomnia :))

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
First of all , you have my deepest sympathy regarding Dental Wings . I have one , and I almost lost my mind with it , until I bought another scanner !!

You can see more about Yenadent D15 here : http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/new-yenadent-d15-milling-machine.19570/#post-170510

I have it since January , and it has been great for us . I use it for zirconia milling as I have a bigger machine for metal milling , but all the metal I milled with D15 was amazing .

Overall is a great machine . It costs around 30 something thousand euros , depending on the version you will chose (wet , dry) , including CAM software . Great benefit is that you can mill EVERYTHING with it , all materials available , and also custom abutment ,

Top Bottom