Looking into buying a Scanner

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Finally got around to cleaning out the garage Glen ?:D
Happily, we just had to clean out a closet in the spare bedroom since we get so few scanners in for repair.
a84e17d7d46e1770cc8ad47c5ccf84bfb7e6c81f.jpg

Michael Steel

Michael Steel

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Im looking into buying a desktop scanner for the lab. Where should I start? What do each of you recommend based on your experience. Should I go with 3shape, exocad, dental wings, ect ect. I need support from a re seller that WILL be there when I need them. I have experience with the Planscan and Romexis (Very simple workflow IMO) Which was purchased through Henry Shein and they have done a great job helping me get along when I Need them. Looking to get something that I can have up and running in a short amount of time. I want to do more than single unit and bridges. I would like to get into partial framework design, custom abutments, digital dentures and more. Basically Im looking for the best system that can do the most and at a good price. Any insight from DLN would be greatly appreciated.

Look no further my friend

Identica Hybrid with exocad crown and bridge software and free PC $14,995.00

includes the following
-1 year tech support
-1 day online training or in person if you would like to come to the lab
-2 year warranty

this promo ends on 3/31/16

any questions call us 800-517-5250

Full color scanning
7 micron accuracy
financing available

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So how much do you have to pay for support after one year?

Michael Steel

Michael Steel

Reaction score
So how much do you have to pay for support after one year?
a scanner is such a simple item people make it out to be more than it is there isn't much support necessary and after a few months of owning the scanner you will know all the ins and outs. if you call us after the first year with a simple question no one will charge you. If you hire a new tech who will be calling in a lot $750 for the year

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Most of my calls are pertaining to software. Material files and upgrades etc.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
You'd be paying roughly half what you're paying now for updates, optional of course as your software doesn't lock up after a year... Depending on the reseller you should be free to monkey with the material/library settings as much as you want...for an open system DME's are not necessary. The hardware can be used out as a standalone unit as well, doesn't need to be bundled with a CAD package...is not a doorstop if you ever decide to sell it...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Upgrades are great if you are upgrading the cases you receive.
I'd love to do guides, for example, but it seems patients can barely afford implants these days.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
If you have an issue with a Medit scanner:
  1. Contact your dealer*.
  2. If your dealer is not able to solve the problem or suspects a hardware issue they will contact Medit.
  3. A Medit technician will contact you to diagnose the issue.
  4. If the scanner needs to be serviced a loaner scanner will be sent to you under our Hot Swap program.
  5. When the loaner arrives you can use it's packing materials to ship your unit to our US based service center (shipping information will be provided with the hot swap loaner unit).
*If you do not know who your dealer is please contact Medit directly through our support request form:http://meditcompany.com/technicalsupport/

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
Whats up with the Novux Scanner? Thoughts? Price? Have you seen it? Heard it was exocad based

R

rajesh patil

Reaction score
Happily, we just had to clean out a closet in the spare bedroom since we get so few scanners in for repair.
a84e17d7d46e1770cc8ad47c5ccf84bfb7e6c81f.jpg
Dear Glenn , i am Dr Rajesh Patil having a company and lab in India. Do you have any idea how much Medit Identica Blue and Identical Hybrid cost in US in USD. Also is it good enough?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Dr. Patil,

I sent you a PM to put you in touch with the person who manages India for Medit.

-Glenn

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
It’s interesting topic , thanks everyone

Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez

Reaction score
... mmm is that what they did to you?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
not directly, no. one of our partners in france. once we partnered with them, suddenly Shining3d is selling their product and advertising what we have been developing, as though it was done and sellable, and that they had any right to sell it.

Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez

Reaction score
You must patent your stuff, my friend! Otherwise, is Open Source :D

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
we have 5 patents. 2 of them are patents granted in china. despite that...

Top Bottom