Looking into buying a Scanner

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
So it appears the Medit and the DOF scanners both use exocad and are both made in Korea. Anybody ever have a problem with having a repair done? The Open Technologies scanner is made in Italy...any problem in getting repairs done on it? Are there service centers in the US for these things? Free loaners while waiting on repair?

Yes, as 2th said, I have it on good authority that the Koreans have or will have repair facilities in the U.S for both.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Maybe it was the dude doing the demo.

upload_2016-2-25_13-42-42.jpeg

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I just watched the Hybrid scan and exocad design demo.

I think I fell asleep.
very slow, no wonder you guys work weekends.

Watching exo videos... are we ? Can you say: future turncoat ? :D:D:D

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Watching exo videos... are we ? Can you say: future turncoat ? :D:D:D

Not any more. It looks painful.

The crown under the partial required 2 parts on you tube. It was like watching Batman reruns.

upload_2016-2-25_14-7-32.jpeg

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
The big wooden crate arrived yesterday with my new Hybrid ( It made me smile that such a technical piece of equipment was in a box that had the lid nailed on :) ) I'm upgrading from a '2014 blue'. Got to use it today ,,,,,,fast, quiet and the quality and textures of the scan are beautiful . Damn ! I think i'm in love .:rolleyes: falling.jpg

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
We have 2015 blue and D810. I love blue, 3Shape one big advantage is dental manager application, other than that Medit is so much better.

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
Who do you recommend purchasing a Medit through?

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
It kind of depends on what you want to do, mostly regarding outsourcing. For what we do, which is mostly milling in house, I would buy Medit.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Torquadon, is there more clicking and ticking with Medit to scan or design, compared to 3Shape?

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
Right now we mill Emax and Empress in house with an E4d mill. Would I be able to connect the exocad software with the E4d mill. Zirconia is outsourced since we don't have a sintering oven.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Right now we mill Emax and Empress in house with an E4d mill. Would I be able to connect the exocad software with the E4d mill. Zirconia is outsourced since we don't have a sintering oven.
Yes, but you need a special software from E4D called Job Supplier.

D

Daniel Domagala DDS MS

Reaction score
I have the experience. My scanner was making a funny noise detected by the trainer who came out to our lab. I would have no idea and the scanner sounded ok to me. The company has people in the US who take care of all kinds of issues from training ( should you need additional time like us ) to troubleshooting. The company has learned the American way of taking care of their customers. I enjoy our scanner a lot. NOT ALL RESELLERS ARE THE SAME as I've learned the hard way. The product is great and the company stands behind it. I'd be happy to give you names to deal with should you be interested to buy one. Hope that helps. Dr Domagala

D

Daniel Domagala DDS MS

Reaction score
Yes, as 2th said, I have it on good authority that the Koreans have or will have repair facilities in the U.S for both.
I have the experience. My scanner was making a funny noise detected by the trainer who came out to our lab. I would have no idea and the scanner sounded ok to me. The company has people in the US who take care of all kinds of issues from training ( should you need additional time like us ) to troubleshooting. The company has learned the American way of taking care of their customers. I enjoy our scanner a lot. NOT ALL RESELLERS ARE THE SAME as I've learned the hard way. The product is great and the company stands behind it. I'd be happy to give you names to deal with should you be interested to buy one. Hope that helps. Dr Domagala

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score

yes, but mind that you will need to fiddle with intaglio surface settings to design with parameters correct for the E4d, in 3shape this took me about 20 units to get down pat because i didnt want to use the big bur. but between unit breakage and bur breakage, it seems the big bur is the only viable intaglio tool, which has made adaptation more of a pain.

the trick is to design it tight, and set the mill to Overmill the intaglio. fits will now be correct without leaving ultraminimal space in critical areas.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
So it appears the Medit and the DOF scanners both use exocad and are both made in Korea. Anybody ever have a problem with having a repair done? The Open Technologies scanner is made in Italy...any problem in getting repairs done on it? Are there service centers in the US for these things? Free loaners while waiting on repair?

Medit has a repair center in the US and we offer a hot-swap program. In the rare case that you need to send your scanner in for repair we will ship a loaner unit to use in your lab. The goal is to minimize downtime for our customers. We offer a 2 year warranty on the Hybrid scanner when you register the unit.

Top Bottom