Lab in a Box

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Years ago CHL and I were discussing where the future will take us.

I had a dream of a mobile lab with a van and a cart but it didn't make financial sense.

He coined the term " Lab in a Box" and I made it happen.

Thursday marks 4 years since CadCrowns implemented a new strategy that would change the way we do business with dentists. Crappy impressions are almost a thing of the past and all my implant cases are done with an IOS.

I'm not taking over the world here but it was the best business decision I have made in my 40 years as a technician.

Life is good when you take chances.

28377865_10210971595318465_3415437931810562600_n.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
mine is obviously bigger.

user name

user name

Reaction score
So you have to take a scanner to them?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
How does that work logistically? You have to drive to every office for every prep?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
How does that work logistically? You have to drive to every office for every prep?
No, all my main clients have their own scanner now. I introduced it to all of them over the past 4 years and now it is paying off.This frees me up now to call on new offices.
Most of the time I will start out with difficult patients.The ones that distort conventional impressions.
Ironically the office will usually call me in when the other labs crown doesn't fit.
One office at a time is how I do it. One hour out of my day chair side will bear more fruit than waiting for the courier to show up at th lab.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Do you charge your time on these visits on top of the restoration?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
but argen is the lab, you are just the capture point and the QC. if argen is going out of business who is your lab? you going to dump the 500k-2.5mil for the proper lab in a box i'm working on? promise you won't even have to be the capture point, just the owner of this robot on wheels and orderer of pucks to feed it. you'll get a finished product without ever laying eyes on the scan, design, or milling functions. all you see is the finished prosthetic, automatedly captured, designed, milled, layered, finished, polished.

i'm coming for your job.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Argen, Straumann, Nobel,all work for me I am the overlord of the dance.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
but argen is the lab, you are just the capture point and the QC. if argen is going out of business who is your lab? you going to dump the 500k-2.5mil for the proper lab in a box i'm working on? promise you won't even have to be the capture point, just the owner of this robot on wheels and orderer of pucks to feed it. you'll get a finished product without ever laying eyes on the scan, design, or milling functions. all you see is the finished prosthetic, automatedly captured, designed, milled, layered, finished, polished.

i'm coming for your job.
You still need the ceramist.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
thats where you're mistaken.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
believe it when you see it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

i'm coming for your job.
image.php