Kunstzahnwerk entry

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
I entered this case at Candulor's contest that will be on display in Chicago if anyone wants to see it. There is kind of a sad story to it as it was destroyed during shipping.

aimg833.imageshack.us_img833_1781_img3141o.jpg
aimg23.imageshack.us_img23_4379_img3137xx.jpg
img3139jn.jpg

aimg833.imageshack.us_img833_1781_img3141o.jpg aimg23.imageshack.us_img23_4379_img3137xx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
Lovely tissue work and colouring!

So let me get this right, it was destroyed during shipping before they received it, so you are not entered now?

What tissue stains/powders did you use for this?

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
It was busted up quite bad (several teeth chipped or broken off) and Jack Edwards from somewhere in Cali. was gracious enough to fix it up enough to still be entered. I have not seen it since it was fixed, but I know I didn't win LOL.

I used all Candulor acrylic, staining and teeth.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I wanted to participate in this contest but I was put off by having to buy their articulator. Jack was featured with his submission in a trade magazine recently.

Nice work!

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
Their articulator is pretty good. I use stratos 300 and 200 normally, and I quite like the Candulator (or whatever they call it). And I can still use my transferbow or whatever other facebow I want. The slight issue I had with it was the condylar settings would loosen all the time. But I was told they can be tightened.

Plus they sold it to me for a reduced price after I entered the contest.:)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I asked for exactly that, I guess I did it to early :) Maybe they didn't have a big turn out from the US???

I am a stratos or panadent guy and I still use Hanau's for certain docs as well

I have never held one of their units is it heavy?

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I wanted to participate in this contest but I was put off by having to buy their articulator. Jack was featured with his submission in a trade magazine recently.

Nice work!

I signed-up for the contest until John told me about the articulator stipulation. Then I backed out. I was so excited that I didn't read the small print until John woke me up. (Thanks John !)

Breaks my heart that your artwork was broken :(. Real glad you took some nice photos and that you shared. I agree, Nice Work !

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
Since it is in Chicago ATM I can't compare it against anything, but from memory it was smaller in the hands, and it was all aluminum so it must have been lighter. I liked it anyhow. This was my first with magnetic bases and I liked that feature.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Word has it that they had hundreds sign up, but submissions in around low double digits. Methinks the articulator was a nail in the coffin. they might want to rethink that bit.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Wait a minute.

A company holds a contest where you get to get profiled in magazines, you get to have your work used in their advertisements, and most likely will be showered with all kinds of free product, and people don't want to buy their articulator? Really?

Seems to me like a very minor advertising expense that will pay off in multiples, but what do I know?

Unless your work stands no chance of being in the running, in which case, it's probably a good idea to pass.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
I haven't been showered yet!:eek:

*goes to get umbrella*

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I don't know. An $870.00 articulator's going to need a lot of freebies to get ROI, esp if it's a one off that none of your current clients use.
I've followed this competition for a while now, and thus far no one has told me their phone rings off the hook.
I could be wrong, but if you've got that kind of money for marketing, you could target it better than that.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
So I finally got my case back. The repairs done to it are not noticeable at all, so major thanks to Jack Edwards. I did not place in the top three, and everyone else and I are all equal losers:D There were 49 entries, but only 10 submitted cases which doesn't speak well of my abilities I guess. Anyhow, I was not showered with any gifts or freebies, and I got stuck with a $165 UPS fee because Candulor did not fill out export documents properly. I've been asked if I will enter again next year....

You bet. Eventually I will place in the top 3 (plus I already have the articulator)

Joseph Minuk

Joseph Minuk

Reaction score
DK,

I heard one of the cases had been damaged in the shipping, but I didn't know who it was. I feel bad for you! That's what you get when you let Pops do the packaging. Keep him on the plaster bench where he belongs!

I was in Chicago for the presentation and I saw your work there - very nice! Thank you for the pictures you had sent me with the clear palates. I just received the disk of my case presentation, have a look!

_Z9A4862.jpg _Z9A4929.jpg _Z9A4935.jpg
Minuk test photo.jpg _Z9A4862.jpg _Z9A4929.jpg _Z9A4935.jpg

P

PDLtd

Reaction score
I want to do this. Hmmmm my bucket is starting to overflow ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk