Over Countoured

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if they experience that their designs are way over contoured.

I thought it was maybe just myself and the designs I do. I even outsourced a few cases and found it was even worse.

It's as if 3shape doesn't display the actual field of view properly. I have found I have better success with the" Perspective View" option turned on.
But maybe there is something I'm missing.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive only found that to be the case with exocad. Its like looking at two different crowns once its milled.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
i feel i get what i see on screen. exocad with roland dwx-52 and old vhf k4 mills

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Ive only found that to be the case with exocad. Its like looking at two different crowns once its milled.
Wearing purple makes everyone look fat.
Dance Speedo GIF

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I set my minimal thickness in 3Shape to .75 ths and allow the red to guide me as far as keeping things thinner, smaller. I add just enough to get rid of the red. It ends up in being about .8 to .81/2 They mill out the same. For preps with greater reduction, I just go by eye, and they come out pretty close. Nothing to overly contoured.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
How can that happen unless the prep has been built up? Yes it can be under trimmed . I love showing the dr the crappy pfms from the previous lab.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
How can that happen unless the prep has been built up? Yes it can be under trimmed . I love showing the dr the crappy pfms from the previous lab.
Or when they prep Less than the minimum thickness required, always fun. :deadhorse:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Or when they prep Less than the minimum thickness required, always fun. :deadhorse:
The advantage of the IOS is the ability to analyze the clearance and the thickness prior to sending the scan.
I’ve been able to train my drs with my Trios so I rarely have these issues.

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
I love when the prep is the showing through the pre-prep tooth.. Banghead
I just had this happen on my own crown. I told the dr she didn’t prep my tooth enough and she told me that was impossible because she “grinded away more than a mm.” Maybe you did doc, but then you clearly added way more back on lol. Had to go back in with pictures to show her where to reduce, this is what I get for going to a dentist because my wife works there and I get a discount, instead of going to a dentist I know is good.

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
I love when the prep is the showing through the pre-prep tooth.. Banghead
I just had this happen on my own crown. I told the dr she didn’t prep my tooth enough and she told me that was impossible because she “grinded away more than a mm.” Maybe you did doc, but then you clearly added way more back on lol. Had to go back in with pictures to show her where to reduce, this is what I get for going to a dentist because my wife works there and I get a discount, instead of going to a dentist I know is good.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I guess I mean the prep is unchanged from the unprepped tooth and the spacer/minimum thickness is showing through. Same thing

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I guess I mean the prep is unchanged from the unprepped tooth and the spacer/minimum thickness is showing through. Same thing
Yes I’ve seen the “fly bys” and take great pleasure in sending the screenshots.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Glory days compared to now

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
TB coming to the end of ours so I feel you.. Cheers

Top Bottom