Ivoclar EP 5000 fires extremely uneven

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I did a bunch of test firings and found out that I can only successfully fire porcelain in the outer 1/2 inch of the round tray and i have to make sure the facial ( layered part) is facing outward. everything else that is placed more toward the middle of the furnace turns out completely opaque and milky like it is fired without vacuum. It is OK to place single crowns on the outside rim, but I can't do it with Bridges. I ran all the available tests and all seems fine with the oven. I complained to Ivoclar and they did testing on their oven which resulted in evenly fired porcelain no matter where it sits in the oven. Any suggestion what the cause is and how I can fix it without sending the oven in for repairs or buying a new one.
Angelika

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Call Ivoclar
already did. They have no idea what the issue is. I need to send it in for repair. Then I am out of my pressing oven for weeks. shipping and a replacement oven cost me so much, that I probably better off buying a new one.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I dont know the construction, but it sounds like part of the muffle isnt heating. Id be curious to know how its wound. Yes, its temperature, but significantly infrared. Can you get good results anywhere on the circumference of the tray as long as the porc is facing the muffle,or is it specific to one side of the tray/muffle?

Which voltage version are you using? Have you checked the circuit to see that its an accurate supply?

A

adl

Reaction score
You can get a loaner. Ship yours in the same box the loaner came in. At least you can function till you find out how much it would be.