Ivobase Injection System

Lanny

Lanny

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Quick question on the ivobase system, Is anyone having problems/ issues with the teeth coming out of the dentures?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Quick question on the ivobase system, Is anyone having problems/ issues with the teeth coming out of the dentures?
What kind of teeth? Clean with monomer and a Qtip if you hear squeak they are clean.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Had adhesion problems with Ivocap years ago. Got rid of it. As long as I don't do something dumb like use Fricke resin I've had no problems I've had no adhesion issues. Period.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
None here, though I am using the Ivocap ( preference) heat cured material. Have 6 machines,
no issues with any of them. There was a post on FB of a lab having issues with teeth popping off?

Thedentureman

Thedentureman

Reaction score
No problems here. Had a machine for three years and will not go back.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
None here, though I am using the Ivocap ( preference) heat cured material. Have 6 machines,
no issues with any of them. There was a post on FB of a lab having issues with teeth popping off?

Can I ask why you prefer this resin over the Ivobase variety> COST?

J

jkelm91

Reaction score
As someone mentioned before, qtip with monomer works wonders. Also, if the terth are not porcelein, are you roughening up the back surface well enough?

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Can I ask why you prefer this resin over the Ivobase variety> COST?

The Ivobase material cures at a lower temp, somewhere in the 145 degree range. IMO, that is nothing more than a
cold cure material. Where as the Ivocap Preference or Elastomer program cures above 200 degrees. The only reason
I may grind the backs of the teeth due to ridge lap during the initial set up. Otherwise, I leave them as they are.
Cases are simply boiled out ( Wasserman) , teeth steamed, and brushed with Vitacol before injection.

J

jkelm91

Reaction score
I have found that if I do not roughen the backs of the teeth a bit, the will have more reason to pop out because the acrylic has nothing to bond to. Just as if you do not roughen up acrylic during repair, you will get a line of demarkation. Id suggest trying to roughening up the teeth.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
As long as you clean the teeth with monomer and paint on a bonding agent such as Palabond, you don't need to roughen the teeth. Knock on wood, I've never had a tooth come off using that combination, using compression packing or Ivocap injection.

Last edited:
J

jkelm91

Reaction score
Oh, see I've never used a bonding agent on the teeth, i roughen the teeth up and clean them with monomer before final closing for injection. Never had an issue with loose teeth.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I always thought/was taught it was a denture sin of the highest degree not to break the surface of a tooth.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Does anyone know what ga sprue the ivocap elastomer material needs for ivobase use?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I don't see any instructions for Ivobase but for Ivocap it just say to make 2 channels. You also have to let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes instead of 5, and you also have to let it cure for 45 minutes instead of 35 like you do for hard acrylic.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I don't see any instructions for Ivobase but for Ivocap it just say to make 2 channels. You also have to let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes instead of 5, and you also have to let it cure for 45 minutes instead of 35 like you do for hard acrylic.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Rep said run program 5.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Program 5 is the Elastomer mode. It allows 10 minutes for the material to inject before the
polymerization kicks in. I use this all the time with Ivocap material. Plus it cures at a higher temp
in the range of 212.

smilesatgalleria

smilesatgalleria

Reaction score
I am working in one company in Dallas, Texas. We use this ivobase system which works good and very satisfactory results i can see out of it.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Program 5 is the Elastomer mode. It allows 10 minutes for the material to inject before the
polymerization kicks in. I use this all the time with Ivocap material. Plus it cures at a higher temp
in the range of 212.
thanks Dr. Oberts lol appreciate the help.

Does any have any info on how to reline/repair in the ivobase that they could send me a link or explain in detail.