Digital Dentures

Hitdabox

Hitdabox

Reaction score
Is anyone milling dentures as well as the teeth? I do very few because my lab is primarily fixed and I've been injecting with an Ivobase when I do them but I'm really slow at it. Have considered new work flows.

My interest is particularly in milling not printing. I would like to know how you are bonding the teeth, to the gingival base and if they look trick or really generic. I've seen some that I could never send out of my lab and hence have been doing things via injection with Vita teeth.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Simon_Vincismile

Simon_Vincismile

Reaction score
Is anyone milling dentures as well as the teeth? I do very few because my lab is primarily fixed and I've been injecting with an Ivobase when I do them but I'm really slow at it. Have considered new work flows.

My interest is particularly in milling not printing. I would like to know how you are bonding the teeth, to the gingival base and if they look trick or really generic. I've seen some that I could never send out of my lab and hence have been doing things via injection with Vita teeth.

Thanks!
Maybe you could try Ivotion and skip the bonding steps.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I use ivotion...works great in the right application, much like most things I suppose.

Hitdabox

Hitdabox

Reaction score
I use ivotion...works great in the right application, much like most things I suppose.
It looks cool! Is it hard to get the gingiva portion to festoon correctly at the emergence of the teeth or are the pucks build in such a way that the junction line allows for that ok? I've never done a digital denture so I am curious. Also, I use exocad and it looks like for the denture module there are limited tooth models etc for design. Any idea if ivotion would work via exocad? Thanks!!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
It looks cool! Is it hard to get the gingiva portion to festoon correctly at the emergence of the teeth or are the pucks build in such a way that the junction line allows for that ok? I've never done a digital denture so I am curious. Also, I use exocad and it looks like for the denture module there are limited tooth models etc for design. Any idea if ivotion would work via exocad? Thanks!!
Ivoclar (ivotion) is supposed to come out very soon with exocad. I use 3shape for removable and exocad for everything else. As for tooth placement and gingival line, it's not bad, just need vertical room. More room gives you the adequate room to make a beautiful transition. Collapsed verticals I won't do ivotion.

Hitdabox

Hitdabox

Reaction score
Ivoclar (ivotion) is supposed to come out very soon with exocad. I use 3shape for removable and exocad for everything else. As for tooth placement and gingival line, it's not bad, just need vertical room. More room gives you the adequate room to make a beautiful transition. Collapsed verticals I won't do ivotion.
super helpful. Thanks!

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
You can still two step mill dentures with ivotion as well, mill the teeth as a block and the base separate and bond. They look a little more realistic than the ivotion monolithic when it comes to the separation of tooth and gingiva.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score

Thanks!
You think you are slow? Milling is slower. About at least 4 hrs if you are good with a damn good milling machine. I microwave for 3min and cool for 20 and bingo deflask .

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
You think you are slow? Milling is slower. About at least 4 hrs if you are good with a damn good milling machine. I microwave for 3min and cool for 20 and bingo deflask .
PM7 is an hour, PMDry is 2hours.

K

Komprezzor

Reaction score
Get a printer a lot faster than milling by far

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
and in that hour or two hours you can complete other work ;)
Which is what we've been doing for all of these years, even with analog. While this opaque is being run, I can articulate this case, pour this up while that is burning out etc.

At times it's like a symphony in how efficient and what can be done in our time frames. Then comes those days of fatigue and of not being quite so efficient ;) :)