iTero problem

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive done a bunch of itero imports and they've been supr easy. I just click through when CAD starts and my crown adapts well to the margin that the Doctor and cadent have established...until now.

The margin from the scans look fine, but my exo wont adapt to it; like it wants the crown design to have a jagged margin short of the imported one. Whats going on here? its every scan for the last week!

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Ive done a bunch of itero imports and they've been supr easy. I just click through when CAD starts and my crown adapts well to the margin that the Doctor and cadent have established...until now.

The margin from the scans look fine, but my exo wont adapt to it; like it wants the crown design to have a jagged margin short of the imported one. Whats going on here? its every scan for the last week!

Sounds like something going on with Exocad. I'm importing into DW with no issues.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Sounds like something going on with Exocad. I'm importing into DW with no issues.
oh cmon now, exocad is king. never any issues! thats what the locals say anyway!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score

Sounds like an issue with the IO scan mesh. It happens from time to time. iTero techs probably did their best to clean it up, but not always possible.
In exocad, right click and go to visual.properties, select wireframe and look closely at the area that you are having trouble with. Anything look wonky there? Are all the triangles roughly the same dimension or are there weird.looking areas?

And yes Sideshow, exo is king!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

Troubleshooting questions:=

Do you get scans this week from only 1 doctor/office/machine? That's what it soundz like you're sayin'.

If only one office/doc/machine sends to you, maybe someone here could send you one for a looksee.
And this is more of a I Dont Know of it could, but...
When did you reboot last? my first stop with wacky factory issues.
Is it possible reimport scans from last week and see if they are right or funky?

user name

user name

Reaction score
My issues are just since the latest exo update. When I exit DB and get into the design phase, I see the margin that the Doctor and the folks at itero have placed. As usuall...it looks good. BUT..
my crowns wont adapt to that margin. I can push/pull the dots and correct the line, but it gets wonky when I get it close to the iTero margin- it wants to jump around like its magnetically opposed to it. No good.

If I exit the wizard and open expert...things are really weird. The margin is all of a sudden far away from where it should be and is jagged; the dots are actually staggered so I have a saw tooth margin. At that point in expert, though, I can pull everything where it should be, and then go back in to wizard with no issues.

Theres an issue (I think) with something in the latest release. If 2th hasn't seen it, then Im going to assume its a problem specific to my resellers skinned version.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
My issues are just since the latest exo update. When I exit DB and get into the design phase, I see the margin that the Doctor and the folks at itero have placed. As usuall...it looks good. BUT..
my crowns wont adapt to that margin. I can push/pull the dots and correct the line, but it gets wonky when I get it close to the iTero margin- it wants to jump around like its magnetically opposed to it. No good.

If I exit the wizard and open expert...things are really weird. The margin is all of a sudden far away from where it should be and is jagged; the dots are actually staggered so I have a saw tooth margin. At that point in expert, though, I can pull everything where it should be, and then go back in to wizard with no issues.

Theres an issue (I think) with something in the latest release. If 2th hasn't seen it, then Im going to assume its a problem specific to my resellers skinned version.
Is it possible to roll back from the update to the previous and test that idea? I imagine %vendor% would have a clue and a patch available right quick if it was their version variant only and everyone importing from itero had the same problem.

edit: I also have not one second of exo time, so...

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
this happens to me once in a while. I usually just call itero to have them reprocess it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

Get it straightened out?

M

MJFDDS

Reaction score
Are you using the exocad legacy or exocad 2014 and later export from the aligntech export page? Maybe that has something to do with it?

Also, which scanner version is the dentist using? I have noticed that the scans with the new Element does not seem to be as crisp when I am designing as the previous generation scanner. The margin is definitely not as easy to detect.