Is it time for a milling system?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the problem of brands is vendors.

some brands like AG and Jensen when sold through people like CAP are tweaked slightly, to make it simpler for you to pick up and use without thinking hard or learning much.

then again some suppliers have problems making that the reality.

so yes, Amann Girrbach ceramill is a good brand but you'll want to buy that brand through reputable support. the great part is that most of the good ones you can buy straight from them instead of some poor shmuck like uncle hank who don't know their head from a hole in the ground.

Jensen is one such supplier you can buy straight from.

so you are pretty safe there.

@Brent Harvey is the new DOF sales guy, and @Glenn Kennedy reps for Medit. they are both super knowledgeable people, very helpful and well connected. so safe to buy those from them or other dealers. i know Brent said he was working on an interesting sales program to make it super easy to get into. i'll let him explain it so i don't misquote.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Personally, given the size of your lab, i suggest:

DWX51 or ZirkonZahn M1 or Motion2

each has it's perks and issues, but both are great for starting labs. I love the quality of the M1, it's using the same spindle as in the larger M5 unit, but you are also going to need to use Zirkon Zahn skinned exocad software. the M1 can also mill CrCo, but you need to design in ZZ software (very similar to the way AG does it).

the DWX51 is the most idiot proof, but is also the most limiting. but also has the most resellers. If you aren't keen on Zahn, Whipmix and Argen sell them too i believe.

But feel out all of your resellers, and see which one gives the best service in your area. When I was in NY, it was a no brainer to work with CAP vs Argen because we operated on the same Timezone (and Argen hadn't introduced their tiered shifts yet) and their proximity was very close - today in VA i don't know if CAP would be the default call (if they were still old CAP that is).

More importantly, you do have a very close knit community here that can help you with w/e choice you pick - but you need to do more due diligence and not just do a glance over. LMT magazine has a nice list every month.

Maybe you'll want an VHF 5K-S2, maybe you want a Haas or DMG Dental 10 :D (i can sell you a slightly used one ;) )

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
you'll need a sintering oven and a printer too.

good luck,I'll be at the lake so you're on your own.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
im still jelly of your ultrasonic ELT.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
you'll need a sintering oven and a printer too.

good luck,I'll be at the lake so you're on your own.

me too.... while my mill is cracking units out for me

beach day tomorrow!

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
the problem of brands is vendors.

some brands like AG and Jensen when sold through people like CAP are tweaked slightly, to make it simpler for you to pick up and use without thinking hard or learning much.

then again some suppliers have problems making that the reality.

so yes, Amann Girrbach ceramill is a good brand but you'll want to buy that brand through reputable support. the great part is that most of the good ones you can buy straight from them instead of some poor shmuck like uncle hank who don't know their head from a hole in the ground.

Jensen is one such supplier you can buy straight from.

so you are pretty safe there.

@Brent Harvey is the new DOF sales guy, and @Glenn Kennedy reps for Medit. they are both super knowledgeable people, very helpful and well connected. so safe to buy those from them or other dealers. i know Brent said he was working on an interesting sales program to make it super easy to get into. i'll let him explain it so i don't misquote.
It is a leasing program, once i get everything dialed in to a good package ill post it!

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Any reviews, from users of the MASTERMILL C5 MILLING MACHINE from Talladium?
c5_3.jpg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no opinion other than this thing validates every point ive ever made about dental milling.

this is as watered down as it gets.

MastermillC5.png

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Maybe this will help? This is Jensen's M205 (VHF K5 with custom CAM, not "Box" CAM)

in what way Help? all of these features are standard features in 85% of milling machines from korea to germany. none of it is unique to jensen.

video shows no cam.

and isnt the talladium mill presented earlier.

so what was this supposed to show?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
do you mean to say it is a ripoff of the jensen mill? can you prove that in any other respect than this video? will you reveal where both machines are made in Korea?

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
in what way Help? all of these features are standard features in 85% of milling machines from korea to germany. none of it is unique to jensen.

video shows no cam.

and isnt the talladium mill presented earlier.

so what was this supposed to show?
It's the same as Talladium's Master Mill, just relabeled under Jensen, both manufactured by VHF.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
so why should someone buy Jensen or Talladium instead of VHF?

if theres nuance, differences, or individualization by either company, then the clear winner of who you should buy from should be support behind the product.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
sort of, yes. notice it says "machines in own design" (flowery language for with their sticker)

pick another country in their menu, notice many of them say "in VHF design" (with VFK sticker)

but as Arum mills go in the usa and canada, each vendor resells with specificity; tooling and holding and processing unique to the vendor.

for example Jensen preciso CAM. vs Talladium's as yet unspecified baked in solution.

if you buy one vs the other these changes make huge differences. they are both vhf but they are not identical.

Top Bottom