Integral dust collector motor

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Is there an off chance of a motor that will work in integral dust collector or do I need to buy through them? Maybe something from granger? Got a dual system and the motor sounds horrible.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Is there an off chance of a motor that will work in integral dust collector or do I need to buy through them? Maybe something from granger? Got a dual system and the motor sounds horrible.
Look at the motor tag and see if you can cross reference another motor. Can you change the brushes on the current motor or is it brushless?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
It might only need some new bearings...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
From tearing off the bottom, It has brushes but there is a wire soldered to them. Brushes still good. When I turned it on to verify which motor was going bad, man sparks flew everywere. I seem to burn out the motor befor the brushes go bad to.
Rick

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Sparks flying means bad connection between the rotor and brushes...might need a new set of brushes and run a fine emery paper on the rotor collectors to smooth it.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
image.jpeg
From tearing off the bottom, It has brushes but there is a wire soldered to them. Brushes still good. When I turned it on to verify which motor was going bad, man sparks flew everywere. I seem to burn out the motor befor the brushes go bad to.
Rick
Are you sure the wire is soldered to the brushes?? These are from a granger/vanman motor and a small strip
of metal with wire soldered to it slides into the space between metal and the green . Just askin'

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
IT could be slid on. Looked like it was soldered but the eyes just are not what they once were.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I'd be cruising through the Grainger catalog looking for a motor

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'd be cruising through the Grainger catalog looking for a motor
<sacastic smartypants>
They have a drive-thru now? Yippee!Burnout
</sacastic smartypants>

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Sparks flying means bad connection between the rotor and brushes...might need a new set of brushes and run a fine emery paper on the rotor collectors to smooth it.
I was always a fan(cough) of 90+% ispopropal and scotchbrite. Not as rough on the insulation. Haven't torn down an electric motor bigger than my fist in a long time though so I might be missing a few details.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Rick
Sparks are frequently also causd by foreign matter inside the housing completeing unintended circuit paths. Take it apart, blow it out, clean the windings, and it may be just fine.

Edit: please be careful.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
View attachment 23776
Are you sure the wire is soldered to the brushes?? These are from a granger/vanman motor and a small strip
of metal with wire soldered to it slides into the space between metal and the green . Just askin'
Plenty of 'life' left in those :) How come they have wear and are still in plastic ,"just wondering ?"

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, OK.Hmmmm2, What I meant was , These are FOR a granger.:D Yes they are a new pair.
Always need spares ! Thanks

Top Bottom