Inlab design to hyperdent

D

DPS

Reaction score
Hi guys
I sent out some designed STLs (inlab 16 )to a hyperdent lab ( their milling machine is Xtcera) but they said they got margin errors while trying to mill . Is there a special consideration when sending out files from inlab ?
My parameters are :
180 microns margin thickness
0 margin width
60 margin angle

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
did you send them just an stl

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Hi guys
I sent out some designed STLs (inlab 16 )to a hyperdent lab ( their milling machine is Xtcera) but they said they got margin errors while trying to mill . Is there a special consideration when sending out files from inlab ?
My parameters are :
180 microns margin thickness
0 margin width
60 margin angle
Probably thier cam software not detecting the margins properly. If they use Millbox by chance then can manually remark the margin lines.

Is there an option that you can also export margins along with the crown stl (like pts). In 3shape there is an option in settings that you can chose to export margins.

When exporting/cam out from inlab. Is there any other file other than the crown stl?

D

DPS

Reaction score
By exporting to STL , it creates an .sci file as well which i sent along.

D

DPS

Reaction score
I also created a .cam file which for some reason i had to unzip and send as 9 seperate files which they couldn't use . I don't know if unzipping the file was the problem ?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
hyperdent will let you mark the margin manually too, sounds like the software generated an error calculating the margin finishing portion of the crwon template.

nothing here for you to fix, this would mean your milling center should call support.

D

DPS

Reaction score
Apparently support told them the files have to be .constructioninfo and .cad which i can't generate using inlab

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
they can still mark margins manually

M

mmbh

Reaction score
I do this. When you save inlab file as a stl it also saves the .sci file with the same name as well. When I import the stl file into hyperdent it automatically sees the .sci margin file as well. It works easy peasy.