DP3000 error

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
To home the X, the sled moves forward until it meets a little metal tab that interrupts an opto sensor on the leading edge of the sled.
You can test this opto switch by placing anything in the opto sensor and watching the results on a PC logged into the printer using Windows Remote.

To see this opto in action, I believe you have to remove the build plate when you are attempting to home the X. (putting the printer "online", or manually trying to home the X in the RMT diag.)

There could be a piece of 5hit in the way on the tracks or front of the sled, or broken cable, or bad opto. It would not be a dirty encoder-strip that would cause this error.

Mr. Jet has One way to clear the machine's brains, and I have another way.
I prefer to go to "START", then click on Windows Security, then SHUT DOWN, then Re-Start.
When I try to stop the ProJet service using MSservices, often my computer hangs-up and will not allow me to restart the service once I stop it., then I just end up doing it my way anyway.....as described above.

Cheers!....Scotty-Scott

scotty.jpg

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
I got swamped today and just got around to checking in..
It will be monday before I get back to the machine...

but optosensors all check fine.
Initially I was failing out on powerup before I could even attach to the remote diag
I managed to force shut down,
which allowed the printer to start up
and I was able to get into the remote diag,
thats how I got to the "dsp error" whenever I try move an axis.

ProJetter

ProJetter

Reaction score
I managed to force shut down,
which allowed the printer to start up
and I was able to get into the remote diag,
thats how I got to the "dsp error" whenever I try move an axis.

If the printer is powered up & InVision-service has started (without any error),u should only try to open RMTDIAG\STAGE\DIAGNOSTICS

- Home X

If that does not work until success => maybe there's a cable problem from motor-feedback / encoder-strip to Main Control Board

I've to check the wiring-diagrams if it goes directly to MCB or to any other board!

ProJetter

ProJetter

Reaction score
What's the current status of your machine? Any news about your axis-problem(s)?

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
I was called offsite this week. Unfortunately, havent been able to get to the facility yet. Im planning on making my thursday of it...sorry to leave everyone in suspense. Crazy time of year for me.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I think so. I had One and miss it. Tried to buy it back, but no.

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
I think so. I had One and miss it. Tried to buy it back, but no.

Same machine. I absolutely love it when its working. we just have a bad habit of not keeping it running...and it really hates downtime.

like a finikey old sportscar if it sits for long it doesnt want to run when awoken.

I am about to start todays battle....hopefully ill at least get it moving.

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
well...I opened her up. disconnected, traced, inspected, and reconnected most of the x axis components. restarted the printer.
there is movement...I am at warming stage 2 955. Something is clearly wrong still. when it tried to home x....something was very off about the response. seemed as though it was trying to move alot further then its limits.
guess ill wait for it to warm up and see. but at least every axis has moved....thats better than last week

ProJetter

ProJetter

Reaction score
well...I opened her up. disconnected, traced, inspected, and reconnected most of the x axis components. restarted the printer.
there is movement...I am at warming stage 2 955. Something is clearly wrong still. when it tried to home x....something was very off about the response. seemed as though it was trying to move alot further then its limits.
guess ill wait for it to warm up and see. but at least every axis has moved....thats better than last week
U really should try to home x (doesn't matter if it is onto warming stage).
Do not waste time :)

If u do have an older backup, please compare the dsp-servo Parameters! Sounds like (maybe) something mismatches there!

Last edited:
T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
okay,
home x respond, ive got movement, but its definitely wrong movement.
it seems to be trying to move around 6 inches past the full forward position....rattle shake rattle shake

so after I typed that I realized it was a pretty useless description so I just went and made a video....excuse the quality, im jumping around a small workroom...and its cellvideo so no awards for my camera work.

In the video, I move the stage away from home....show the screen....move it home...show the screen with the home opto tripped and the x reading...varying?
Then I give the x home command.....and things get wierd from there....odd x axis readings....and the home opto not showing activation....bed vibrating as it tries to move a direction it cannot.
I then place my hand on the stage pulling it forward slightly and the vibration/motor stops. If I do not do this it will fault out and we wont make it to the next part....
So next you see the screen again with the x reading high....the opto not showing activation....no stage manipulation makes it come back at this point.
I then hit map encoder....numbers jump strangely....the values make little sense to me....
I jump to the printer and you see that the stage stops short of the back of travel.....I assume this distance to be equal to the attempt at travel beyond the forward limit...resulting in a shaking again..which stops when I give slight forward stage pressure...the xhome opto doesnt indicate activation..and a x following fault out.

I typed that from memory....so sorry if its not exactly in step to the vid....but it should be close.

Any ideas guys?

ProJetter

ProJetter

Reaction score
X-home Limit Switch!
Please do not perform Map encode without home x first!
Otherwise for me it also Looks like a dsp-parameter error!

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
it will not allow me map before I tell it to x home and it does its attempt.
as the x home opto switch is triggering when I manually move the stage forward as shown at the start....I want to eliminate that from the possible problems
20130919_131157.jpg

anything look crazy here?

ProJetter

ProJetter

Reaction score
anything look crazy here?
Cant compare it currently (watching tv @home),but maybe Scott can compare it?

Found a older Screenshot on my phone: velocity on x Axis is 11.01 on One of my machines! => re-checked it => config B..

This mine in comparism for config A (like your machine):

dsp_prm.jpg

Looks identical!
This means, maybe your encoder-reader (attached to the platform) might be defective?
Otherwise also your encoder-strip might be broken!
Strip is not that expensive (around 80 USD) and can be changed easily..
Dunno about prices for reader :(

Last edited:
ProJetter

ProJetter

Reaction score
One more question: Z home & Y home do work without any error?
Just to confirm this problem only appears on X axis...

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
yes its just the x. In the next day or two, I plan to open it back up reclean the strip....and try to home again.
As the distance of rear travel seems shortened by exactly as much as the excessive forward move....
is there a way, a command, switch etc...that the system resets an axis?
We run fullsize industrial CNC's (nondental manufacturing business) and jog to position...."set xhome" would have fixed this....Thanks 3dsys love the closed ecosystem.

Failing a quick reset as described...
I have hand moved the platform and watched the observed position.....the strip and encoder register consistent response.
I am somewhat tempted to run it through again, as in the video, and kill the power when the stage stops at the "short of rear" position when mapping the encoder
lock the servo motor from rotation..loosen the belt....and "adjust" the stage position to full rear.... flaws? anyone?

ProJetter

ProJetter

Reaction score
is there a way, a command, switch etc...that the system resets an axis?
The axis is resetted (<- spelling correct?) when 1st time the "home" limit switch is touched! (Same as for all axis Y+Z)

Onto the Stage/Diagnostics Screen u can press "DISABLE SERVO" button to let the axis "loose" it's position.

Failing a quick reset as described...
I have hand moved the platform and watched the observed position.....the strip and encoder register consistent response.
I am somewhat tempted to run it through again, as in the video, and kill the power when the stage stops at the "short of rear" position when mapping the encoder
lock the servo motor from rotation..loosen the belt....and "adjust" the stage position to full rear.... flaws? anyone?

For me, this looks like the encoder is missing some points on the strip! Maybe u can see it into the *.log file => scroll down to bottom after performing a "Map Encode X"
You'll see the difference / deviation value in percentage there!
If strip + encoder is fine, deviation should be less than 4-5%.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
okay,
home x respond, ive got movement, but its definitely wrong movement.
it seems to be trying to move around 6 inches past the full forward position....rattle shake rattle shake

so after I typed that I realized it was a pretty useless description so I just went and made a video....excuse the quality, im jumping around a small workroom...and its cellvideo so no awards for my camera work.

In the video, I move the stage away from home....show the screen....move it home...show the screen with the home opto tripped and the x reading...varying?
Then I give the x home command.....and things get wierd from there....odd x axis readings....and the home opto not showing activation....bed vibrating as it tries to move a direction it cannot.
I then place my hand on the stage pulling it forward slightly and the vibration/motor stops. If I do not do this it will fault out and we wont make it to the next part....
So next you see the screen again with the x reading high....the opto not showing activation....no stage manipulation makes it come back at this point.
I then hit map encoder....numbers jump strangely....the values make little sense to me....
I jump to the printer and you see that the stage stops short of the back of travel.....I assume this distance to be equal to the attempt at travel beyond the forward limit...resulting in a shaking again..which stops when I give slight forward stage pressure...the xhome opto doesnt indicate activation..and a x following fault out.

I typed that from memory....so sorry if its not exactly in step to the vid....but it should be close.

Any ideas guys?

Hmmmmm, ah no. ??? (Just saw the video)
Weird as 5hit!

Very curious as to what is going on there myself.

Pull out the opto and try to manually stick a piece of metal in it, right as the sled hits physical limit of the rail end during homing of X.

Does X-axis home opto status show up as working in software then?? Maybe try a different opto (swap) (I doubt this would be it though)

Ahhhh.. maybe a cable is chaffed somewhere? When moved by hand, opto works, but when belt pulls the sled it doesn't?

Super weird symptoms! Sorry to not be much help here.

Impossible to Map X if you cannot home it first. I think is impossible to do.