Identica Blue

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
Différent country, différents distributor. Personnaly i have disturbed it since july and i have ever sell 6 units.
But you need to know that we don t receive a scanner From medit or Dental Wings or 3shape. When you Want to disturb one scanner, you need to by it before.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Cadfan, you speak about witch scan : se, blue ? Sorry i don t understand your question.

The Blue i have a SE three scans same model measured with geomagic see the foto

Attachments

• 2010-11-09_145312.png
    2010-11-09_145312.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 2010-11-09_145312.png
    2010-11-09_145312.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 97
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Jean Michel , is the Blue officialy launched for Europe ? Have you seen GC's scanner ? How do you think Blue holds compared to that scanner ? Thanks .

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
Cadfan, CAN you reduce the accurency. You have 5 microns and just after 120 microns. Yellow or blue arrive From 6 microns until 120 microns.
But if i just look your picture the précision is perfect.
About the blue you have a precision at 7.5 microns. The software tell it just after calibration.

I ve ever seen only report or picture about the gc scan. I Will try it by myself as soon as possible in the next french exhibition.

Yes i ve begun the distribution in Europe begin of july. There is as with the se 4 weeks to make the scanner. I ve sent my validation to medit for the launch in Europe. But i know that i ve bought the 3 first blue of medit.

Today i think that all light scanner are very great. Now you need just to compare the différents price for the scan but be carefull about the licence and update ;-)
Medit, all is free. About gc or other scanner like imetric How is it ?
Today korean team and direction have a good commercial partner. I really don t know the différents price in us but in Europe it s very strange. About exocad, i m Alone to send the official version of the software. All the other are a custom of exocad and you need to pay for having the full software ;-(
For the scan it s the same. Find an open solution and you Will have a good scanner.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have many many questions.... Mr Frenchy.....

First, the scanning area is the exact same as previous. (80x80x60mm)
The SE is a taller machine.

So....Something tells me that the chamber is just as tall in the SE as the Blue.

I bet the same objects fit in both scanners just the same.

I also think the geometry of cameras/projector/object is also the exact same distance/angles.

Someone post up some pic and prove me wrong. Make a video of scanning with the Blue please.

Show me these new "angles" and how much more room there is in the chamber. I just have many doubts about your information.
Sorry, but ....???

Looks to me to be tthe exact same position of scan-head to the object, and the swing motions of the arm would be the same as well.No?

Why do I need bigger holes in thwe multi-die plate? Can't I just cut the hole larger myself if I need to? (Which I have never needed to)

I am just trying to understand the increase in cost. Sorry for my attitude.

Since we now have 3.9mp camera, then certianly the scanning software is now 64-bit.....or no?

Last edited:
Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
Mr Ricain, please see that with Paul, you are a distributor of identica also please check with your Medit team for that question about the angle or distance or ... I'm not here to do your work also do it yourself by talking with medit distribution or go to exhibitions ;-)

The differents possibility to scan antagonist into the identica blue :

aout_236.jpg

aout_240.jpg
aout_241.jpg
aout_245.jpg

As you can see into the last picture, the height of scan is better than the Identica near + 30 %.

About the accessories, for me there's a difference but maybe not for you !!!!!

IMG_1902.JPG
IMG_1903.JPG
IMG_1905.JPG
IMG_1904.JPG

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
This is my fixture with a VERY tall articulated model. Same as your pic.
We also have the exact same base fixtures as you do. Nothing new to me in your pics.
Fits perfectly in my scanner....I still do not think you have 30% more room.
We have the same space and same option to scan an articulated model. OK?
The fixture we sell has Three hinges. VERY flexible design from Medit, and I think it probably works better than the tall-pole design you show. We have plenty of room the SE Series Medit.
I do not understand why we have different fixtures. This is very strange!
(You should paint your Chrome pole "Black" to reduce poor scan data and noise from reflections.)

Same angles, same everything except the Blue. I can access my projector and turn off Red and Green and now I have a Blue scanner also. I really do not see much of a difference so far.

Why do you feel the larger holes in the multi-die plate are a benifit at all?
I have never seen a die that would need such a large hole.

Last edited:
Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
I'm very happy for you, it's great. What's the problem also ??????

About the muti dies, it's better if the hole are more bigger but not enought for me. If you work with pindex it's ok but if you don't use it you can have some problems :

IMG_1906.JPG

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
No problem with me, except I am trying to figure out why Blue is 50% more.
What do I tell my customers?

Blue is cost $4500 more and really very close to same product.
OK, cameras are different I guess? But....$4500!!??

I can make my projector Blue very fast and for free. I turn off Green and Red in projector settings.

You can use Clay material on top of the multi-die plate to hold those dies. You do not need bigger hole. This is the solution for those stupid dies. Very easy to fix without bigger hole.

OK, your turn to talk now.....

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
I'm not a commercial from Medit, I'm just here to explain like an Ingenior how is the blue.

If you are happy with the SE, I'm so happy for you ;-) If like distributor you want to have discount to resell the scan, see that with medit. It's your problem !!!!! It's a commercial problem not a technical problem and it's not my problem

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Then please do that. Explain the difference if you know the answer to these questions.....

The resolution of projector is different?

Different axis motors in the arm? Now use Maxon motor with rotary-encoders or something?? Or just simple Home switch and no encoder?

Other Mechanical difference??

Please help me to understand the difference of the Two scanners. So far, we have gotten no where in our discussion...

Scanning software is now 64-bit to better use the 4.0mp cameras?? I would think this is necessary with that many data points. No??

Thank you Jean!

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Use Black Clay and not the shiny Blue.
Problem is solved. :) Forget the holes all together for those type of dies.

(touché mon ami....)

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
We ever do that but we try to develop a better accessorie directly

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Then please do that. Explain the difference if you know the answer to these questions.....

The resolution of projector is different?

Different axis motors in the arm? Now use Maxon motor with rotary-encoders or something?? Or just simple Home switch and no encoder?

Other Mechanical difference??

Please help me to understand the difference of the Two scanners. So far, we have gotten no where in our discussion...

Scanning software is now 64-bit to better use the 4.0mp (ok 3.9mp) cameras?? I would think this is necessary with that many data points. No??

Thank you Jean!

Jean, do you know anything about the new Blue scanner please!

Some real information would be so nice!

64-bit scanning software now to help with the extra data??

Then, how is it possible to have 4.0mp camera with only 32-bit scanning software!!?

I think is impossible myself.

Also, scanner still runs on USB 2.0 and NOT 3.0??

Is camera still from Point Grey Research?? (True Industrial Machine-Vision camera still I hope)

I do not see a 3.9mp camera option from them in USB 2.0 or GigE Vision..??
http://www.ptgrey.com/products/index.asp
Do you know anything about the newer camera?

Let us post up some real info about the Blue. If it is different and better, then I want to start bragging about it's technical specs immediatly to help sell some units. Why should customers get excited about this? I love the Medit SE scanner we have been selling. I asked my local Medit guy, and he give me ZERO data about this. GREAT!!! Medit web-site says nothing I want to hear either.

Thank you!

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
The scanning software of the SE is 64 bit ill think the new although but *** has the right questions no information on the site ill tried to get some information no reaction so many scanners in the market medit move your as we want clear information with a data sheet not such smokescreens like the danish guys.

garbident

garbident

Reaction score
I believe that *** is right... is difficult to improve what works well... the reason that do not compromise information is that don't it, only blue smoke. Jajajaja

Old Navy Tech

Old Navy Tech

Reaction score
Searching for the Blue light scanning, I came upon this thread. Thought I'd throw my 2 cents here. I purchased the 3Shape D810 in 2011, it's nice. Tho I think I damaged the scanner with putting in a fully articulated model from a Panadent Articulator the first month I had it doing a full arch case. It finally gave up in October and I had to send it to Poland for 1000 Euros to fix it. That said, it forced me to find a workaround for all my following cases... and that "need" to adapt and change to the new technology, streamlined my model processing. I started doing it "Really Old School" ROS... there is OS, Old School and ROS ;-).
I'd get an impression and pour just the dies, (since scanning the impression material SUCKED arse),30 minutes I could safely pull the dies with The Micro resin xd from Empire Direct, and pour a solid model.
By the time it was set, I had the dies ditched and ready for the scanner. Using a hot glue gun I would articulate the models using the bite reg, all whittled down to expose the prep and the opposing tooth, when the program called for it. After scanning I would send the file off for zirconia milling, 2 days later it was delivered to my door. Meanwhile, the models are articulated, and if not a free end that needs the Panadent mounting, it goes into the quick-a-lator molds for basing, and vertex plastic articulators superglued. When all is said and done, a little steam and the hot glue is soft and off. Done and waiting for the copings or the NexZir monolithic zr to return.
So instead of pouring a model, letting it dry, pinning and basing, letting it dry, cutting out and ditching the die(s),And pouring a solid for contacts and tissue (emergence contours),I cut a day of model work out and not waiting around for it to dry. The full second pour became the working and the tissue model, I have my margin dies already. If the crown had a fore and aft contact (mesial and distal) :) , I'd pour a stub (quad) and my wife could decide which tooth to remove to get the first contact, to make it easier to get the second.
So now that I'm in a new lab that's not my own yet, we have to use the Zeiser plates :-( . Tho we use a series of magnets to separate the extra stone of the Artex mounting so I have just my models, and not any extra weight... the 3shape can't take it. It would be nice to have a scanner that can take all mountings, specially if I'm being sent stuff to scan from other labs that send fully articulated cases.
Jean, do you know anything about the new Blue scanner please!

Some real information would be so nice!

64-bit scanning software now to help with the extra data??

Then, how is it possible to have 4.0mp camera with only 32-bit scanning software!!?

I think is impossible myself.

Also, scanner still runs on USB 2.0 and NOT 3.0??

Is camera still from Point Grey Research?? (True Industrial Machine-Vision camera still I hope)

I do not see a 3.9mp camera option from them in USB 2.0 or GigE Vision..??
http://www.ptgrey.com/products/index.asp
Do you know anything about the newer camera?

Let us post up some real info about the Blue. If it is different and better, then I want to start bragging about it's technical specs immediatly to help sell some units. Why should customers get excited about this? I love the Medit SE scanner we have been selling. I asked my local Medit guy, and he give me ZERO data about this. GREAT!!! Medit web-site says nothing I want to hear either.

Thank you!

Thank You *** for asking the questions that really matter. The boyz in the north are full of crap about scan speeds... not mentioning the settings are set to the lowest data attainment.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The Blue is nice.

The actual physical parts are heavier and stronger.

The swinging arm and rotary table feel very solid with less play in the mechinism.

We see a difference in the scan data. Right from the very first scan.

Here is the truth.....ready? All medit scanners have 1.3mp camera. Not 2.0, not 3.9, not 4.0

My Steinbichler also has only 1.3mp camera. (Same as 3M/Jensen scanners)

The new scanner that B&D sells also has 1.3 mp camera.

The new Blue scanner does have different, more expensive cameras than the SE version of the Medit, but the same resolution. Why do all these scanners have only 1.3mp?? I have no idea? Must be more than enough I guess for the small window we work in? These are not everyday cameras, but rather very expensive machine-vision cameras used in robotics, assembly lines, and scanners. They have little in common with consumer cameras that you take family pics with. Totally different and way more expensive!

There are some features about the new Blue we do not like as much as the SE series, but nothing major.

Slight software difference, and slight fixturing changes. I prefer the SE series fixturing system myself, but both scanners have the top of the line fixtures!

Blue has SIX AWESOME fixtures, and SE has Five. No other scanner can beat these!

The SE DOES has more room in the chamber, NOT the Blue as previous stated by someone else in this thread. Both can easily scan BIG TALL model-set in occlusion, so no worries with either scanner.

Scanning times are the same, which both are the fastest in the industry.

Last edited:
Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
The Blue is nice.

The actual physical parts are heavier and stronger.

The swinging arm and rotary table feel very solid with less play in the mechinism.

We see a difference in the scan data. Right from the very first scan.

Here is the truth.....ready? All medit scanners have 1.3mp camera. Not 2.0, not 3.9, not 4.0

My Steinbichler also has only 1.3mp camera. (Same as 3M/Jensen scanners)

The new scanner that B&D sells also has 1.3 mp camera.

The new Blue scanner does have different, more expensive cameras than the SE version of the Medit, but the same resolution. Why do all these scanners have only 1.3mp?? I have no idea? Must be more than enough I guess for the small window we work in? These are not everyday cameras, but rather very expensive machine-vision cameras used in robotics, assembly lines, and scanners. They have little in common with consumer cameras that you take family pics with. Totally different and way more expensive!

There are some features about the new Blue we do not like as much as the SE series, but nothing major.

Slight software difference, and slight fixturing changes. I prefer the SE series fixturing system myself, but both scanners have the top of the line fixtures!

Blue has SIX AWESOME fixtures, and SE has Five. No other scanner can beat these!

The SE DOES has more room in the chamber, NOT the Blue as previous stated by someone else in this thread. Both can easily scan BIG TALL model-set in occlusion, so no worries with either scanner.

Scanning times are the same, which both are the fastest in the industry.

So in your opinion is the Blue scanner worth the extra $5k? We are a very precise lab and I want to purchase one of these in these next couple of weeks. I believe I sent you an email earlier today letting you know I was interested in buying and with our needs in the lab

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Blue....$20,900 with any extra module of your choice.

Se Series...$16,900 no extra modules.

The difference is $4000, but you get extra module w/Blue.

Both are excellent value! Can't go wrong either way.

The original Medit scanner is very nice. The SE is the second release and is improved version that just came out about One year ago. Still in production. The Blue is the Third release. All are very fast at scanning and all work fine for C&B. No issues, even with the first model. They will all be good for Dental forever. Never to be trashed or called outdated if still operational.

I doubt Medit will have another new scanner anytime soon.
What else can they change?? Why pay any more?