failed e max pressings

K

kaiser

Reaction score
hey guys, i have the multi mat touch and press 2 and am new to pressables. we picked up new doctors who insisted we use e max. i have an account with ivoclar and recieved the instructions for use and began using the product a couple of weeks ago. i am having alot of problems trying to press with the 200g ring. my settings are, 700 lt, 45hpa, 60hr, 930ht, 25min h, 7min p. my last 2 rings sheared in half, ring before that had incomplete pressings and some rolled margins. anyone else have my oven? what are your settings? tech support at ivoclar can only do so much since i do not have one of their ovens. when i talked with them this morning he said it might be a flow issue due to improper sprue technique. i adjusted my perameters per our conversation but it did not help. any ideas? any responses will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

user name

user name

Reaction score
More info needed. You are using Ivoclars e.max sprue base (?). Disposable or alox plungers? What investment, bench set, burn out temp/time?

You say you have an account and got the 'product'. Be more specific. By product..what do you have besides ingots? Its a system, and unless you have previous pressing experience and a lot of knowledge, you really need to buy the system. Theres a lot more to it than just getting a sucessful pressing.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I have the Ivoclar EP 5000. Rarely does my press time exceed 3.5 to 4 min. You might want to lower your time to 4 minutes max. What investment are you using? Make sure your ring burnout time matches your investment manufacturer's instructions before you place in pressing furnace.
Incomplete pressing sounds like pressing temp is too low rather than pressing time. Split ring could be a combination of low press temp and too long of pressing time. Run some samples to fine tune your technique.:)

K

kaiser

Reaction score
sorry, yes bought the system. have ivoclar sprue base/formers large and small silicone rings. resuable alox plungers and seperator. using pressvest speed investment 30min bench set small ring, 45 min bench set large ring.45 min burnout small ring, 1 hour burnout large ring. mix investment for 2.5 min. burn out temp at 1562 or 1652 (sorry at home now cant look at oven to verify) its whatever temp was recommended in instructions. have everything for product except ivoclar oven.

K

kaiser

Reaction score
thank you, i will try adjusting my press time down and press temp up.

K

kaiser

Reaction score
thanks for the tips, better pressings today, no cracked rings. adjusted my high temp up another 15 degrees and got complete pressings. little bit of a reaction layer but not bad. units did have a bit of an orange peel look to them though, going to adjust high temp back down alittle to correct that, or maybe my hold time, i dunno- will keep playing with till i get it right and posting updates incase anyone else has same oven, same issues.

K

kaiser

Reaction score
screw it, got tired of pulling my hair out and heating element went out on multi mat... buying the ivoclar ep 3000!