e-max Zirpress

SlowWater

SlowWater

Reaction score
I have a case where I need to use the 300g investment ring.
I have to press the A4 shade, but only 2 ingots left and no delivery for a week or more.
I have no green light from Ivoclar - they have not tried it, but they say it should work let say 80%.

Now I am asking if anyone has pressed this kind of a case. Otherwise I am putting another B3 ingot for the 20%.
The weight of the wax is plenty enought for 2 ingots, it is the lenght that causes problems and does not fit in 200g investment ring.

Thanks

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Slowwater, yes, I've used the 300g ring for any number of ingots. As long as the wax weight is within the limits, simply place the ingots in the ring to be sure the plunger is balanced and will not be pressed at an angle. It is best if they can be placed over the sprue locations. Good luck!

Oh, and burn out time on the long end. Do not short your burnout if you are using just enough ingot or I guarantee PDC will be correct about short press on margins.

Last edited:
PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I've done 2 ingots in the 300 gr. ring, but you may experience inadequate pressing of some thin areas around margins. This can be fixed by adding some ceram in those areas after you glaze. You might consider pressing with A3.5 and staining if you have 3 pellets of that.

SlowWater

SlowWater

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.

But I must admit the work was a little too late on the shedule for a mistake and I have chickened out and put another B3 to get the 100% result for sure. (there was already a try-in appointment for today)

I haven't noticed any color margine, and the Zirpress looked fine.

I hope I will try it the next time I have more time :)

R

russodentallab

Reaction score
we press 300g rings all the time... as long as you have enough material and leave in burnout an extra 20 minutes you will be fine... if you can succesfully press 100 and 200g rings without a problem, don't worry it will work perfectly!!!

Top Bottom