Exporting Scanned Models

G

G&SDentalLab

Reaction score
I am using a 3Shape E3 Scanner with Dental System 2016 premium software. I need to be able to use dropbox to send the file to a friend who is using ZirconZahn software. HOW? I am saving scans as .stl files and he is still unable to view my scans

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
silly question, why send the scans?
just outsourcing design? or design and milling?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Can he open your .stl files in an stl viewer to confirm the data? Meshmixer is free and can be used to open and view the .stl files. If they don't open in the viewer then they might be corrupt or incomplete.
Www.meshmixer.com

G

G&SDentalLab

Reaction score
I am outsourcing design and milling until we are more confident in our ability to design. Then we will just outsource milling. I am using CAP to outsource and there has been some costly trial and error stuff going on and the guy I am attempting to work with is a good friend of ours in a neighboring county

A

AAthink

Reaction score
do you wanna try to send me the files ill try to see if i can import into my exo ?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Are you having 3shape export stl files as in "export scan" feature under advanced section when right clicking on a case?

G

G&SDentalLab

Reaction score
Are you having 3shape export stl files as in "export scan" feature under advanced section when right clicking on a case?
I am following that workflow process to get the model scan saved as an STL file. The problem I am encountering is putting that file in Dropbox for the next guy to be able to open with his software which is not 3shape (He is using ZirconZahn).

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Upload the file here. I'll try to import into exocad.

G

G&SDentalLab

Reaction score
I am following that workflow process to get the model scan saved as an STL file. The problem I am encountering is putting that file in Dropbox for the next guy to be able to open with his software which is not 3shape (He is using ZirconZahn).
When i open the stl files with basic 3D viewers that come loaded on the computer I can see both prep scans and antagonist scan, so i am leaning towards the issue is on his end being able to make those scans "workable" in his software

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Are they truly STL files or DCM's? There is a couple ways you can export scans as an STL.

G

G&SDentalLab

Reaction score
Are they truly STL files or DCM's? There is a couple ways you can export scans as an STL.
True .stl's, that was my original obstacle (finding out how to change .dcm to .stl) contacted CAP and they contacted 3shape for the "free" add-on.

G

G&SDentalLab

Reaction score
True .stl's, that was my original obstacle (finding out how to change .dcm to .stl) contacted CAP and they contacted 3shape for the "free" add-on.
What are the ways to export scans?

G

G&SDentalLab

Reaction score
the prep scan is still too large

Attachments

• Lower AntagonistScan.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 8