Exocad - Anatomical Waxup (digital copy milling)

H

hibalk

Reaction score
I tried to copy a waxup of a bridge 13 to 23 with Pontics on 12 11 21 22 to get the final restoration but only the 13 and 23 were copied and I got this error message:
« waxup calculation not all waxup scan parts could be adapted
usually this is not a problem and related to non connected,superfluous scan data. »
Any ideas how to resolve this ?

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I tried to copy a waxup of a bridge 13 to 23 with Pontics on 12 11 21 22 to get the final restoration but only the 13 and 23 were copied and I got this error message:
« waxup calculation not all waxup scan parts could be adapted
usually this is not a problem and related to non connected,superfluous scan data. »
Any ideas how to resolve this ?
When you type in the parameters for this job in DB, ignore the pontics and only identify the abutments. don't worry about connecting the bridge with the green dots. So pretend that 12, 11, 21,22 don't exist. When you scan your waxup, after merging all the scans, before you go to design delete everything ( adjacent teeth and model etc.) except for the waxup if that is possible in your scanning software, I have Medit's callab so I can. That will make it easier for the design software to integrate the waxup into your design.

H

hibalk

Reaction score
Never seen this message but, maybe was something wrong with your scan data. Was there any holes or lines at the pontics area in the stl you provided as scan data?

Maybe this could

When you type in the parameters for this job in DB, ignore the pontics and only identify the abutments. don't worry about connecting the bridge with the green dots. So pretend that 12, 11, 21,22 don't exist. When you scan your waxup, after merging all the scans, before you go to design delete everything ( adjacent teeth and model etc.) except for the waxup if that is possible in your scanning software, I have Medit's callab so I can. That will make it easier for the design software to integrate the waxup into your design.
Thanks for your trick, I will try it and get back to you 👍