equipment questions

C

Cyclonicks

Reaction score
Hey guys! first post here and I thought I could merge it with a couple of questions I have :)

Found this website purely by luck while searching for an electropolisher to replace my Bego eltropol. I own a dental lab that only does partial framework. I took over from my father who passed away in 2006. Anyway enough with the (short) presentation :D

I'm used to work with Bego equipment. Most of my machines are from them.. Sadly their newer products are not as good as what it was. I found the Esma company and I'd like to have your opinion on their electropolishers! I'm looking at the ''auxie-3''. It seems to have a couple of additions compared to the eltropol that makes it somewhat better.. Are they durable?

also I'm very interested in cad cam solutions.. only for partial frameworks! I was looking at sensable but the pricing is a bit steep.. not the equipment per se but the recurring fees. 3shape seems more affordable but seem to lack a couple of ''procedures''. You guys know any other company that has a solid software for partial framework?

thanks for your time! hope to learn more while surfing this forum! :cool:

pingvin

pingvin

Reaction score
I use electropolisher from Mihm-Vogt, heater broke down, but it still polishes all right. My father bought it used 15 years ago, it still runs.

Sensable... what recurring fees do they have?

C

Cyclonicks

Reaction score
I don't have the papers in front of me but you get annual maintenance fees which is allright, since you get a very quick turnaround if your equipment breaks. In addition to that, when you have the printer, you get "printing fees" for each partial your print... starts at something like 4-5$ per partials but you can buy packages. Keep in mind that the maintenance fees apply for the design station and the printer separately. then you have the resin for the printer.

I believe you need a very big laboratory or at least not just doing metal frameworks for it to be worth it.

I will add that they may have changed their fees and everything, but what I wrote was when I was looking at it around middle of summer.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
There are some large C&B labs that have the printers that are running below capacity. You might see about hooking up with one of those.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
There are some large C&B labs that have the printers that are running below capacity. You might see about hooking up with one of those.

I'm sure Scott at *** could make you a killer deal on printing your patterns. The maintenence and user licenses are a necessary evil unfortunately.