MicroERA metal housing placement- lab or chairside?

T

TMorsePhillips

Reaction score
Are you guys processing these in at the lab with high success and if so, what's working? The dimensional accuracy of PVS impression material is around +/- 3.2 mm and Vinyl siloxane is somewhere around 4.48mm. The vertical resiliency of a MicroERA retained overdenture is something in the area of 0.4 mm. That plus pulling and movement of the coping and soft tissue compression- I'm finding it difficult to get records that allow me to get these caps where they need to be with enough accuracy to be successful. We've insisted on chairside pickup for years but we're getting more and more new doctors that refuse to do that. I'm keen to stick to my guns on requiring them to place them but you guys know what's what and I wanted to see if you had any insight .

I'm working with complete and partial dentures (removables only) with 3-4 housings to set in a unit.

Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Picking them up chairside is often difficult because the resin could easily get under making it next to impossible to remove. We were always doing it two step, cement the crowns and take another impression with the ERA impression copings... easy to block out , and process in the lab.

T

TMorsePhillips

Reaction score
Picking them up chairside is often difficult because the resin could easily get under making it next to impossible to remove. We were always doing it two step, cement the crowns and take another impression with the ERA impression copings... easy to block out , and process in the lab.
I guess I should specify- I'm working with complete and partial dentures (removables only) with 3-4 housings to set in a unit.

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
I like to build a mini verification jig before the impression, it works really good. Put the caps on in the mouth, wrap some floss in the groove from cap to cap. Build a bridge by stacking the floss with some procure and leave space under the floss. You should be able to take all the caps on and off at that point with the procure bridge. Take a pvs impression over the top. It only takes 5 minutes and is almost fool proof. Just like a jig for all on 4 verifiction.

Top Bottom