Encode type scannable healing abutments??

D

Darwin Bagley CDT

Reaction score
I heard there was a company that offers Encode type scannable healing abutments for all major systems?
Anyone know who this is?

Thanks,

Darwin

D

Darwin Bagley CDT

Reaction score
Imagine's look like regular scanbodies.
I'm looking for dual purpose healing abutment that are scannable like 3i Encode, but for all systems.

Thanks,

Darwin

1689964653088.png
1689964666035.png

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
email from office this morning-

We used the healing abutment "3i Certain Bellatek Encode 5.0 x 4.6"
This is a dual healing abutment that also serves as a scan body.

does anyone have any experience with this -

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
email from office this morning-

We used the healing abutment "3i Certain Bellatek Encode 5.0 x 4.6"
This is a dual healing abutment that also serves as a scan body.

does anyone have any experience with this -
Sure do...it's an encode. Have to send scans to a "Empowered" dental lab, then hopefully they will make you a model and if not, maybe make you the .stl's. Charge you a pretty penny for this service as well. Then you get to feel all warm and fuzzy when they do the abutment as well. I stopped doing them because the warm and fuzzy got old real quick, just another way for an implant company to dig deeper in you and your Docs pockets. Encode is just a fancy healing cap. Have your Doc remove it and use a scanbody like normal...and if not, hope they enjoy enormous bill.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Sure do...it's an encode. Have to send scans to a "Empowered" dental lab, then hopefully they will make you a model and if not, maybe make you the .stl's. Charge you a pretty penny for this service as well. Then you get to feel all warm and fuzzy when they do the abutment as well. I stopped doing them because the warm and fuzzy got old real quick, just another way for an implant company to dig deeper in you and your Docs pockets. Encode is just a fancy healing cap. Have your Doc remove it and use a scanbody like normal...and if not, hope they enjoy enormous bill.
that was my original thought on having them remove it and place a scan body.

thank you

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Yup. Been dealing with that too. Figured out you can just get 3I to make a model but with no soft tissue, doesn't follow the new Encode healing cap shape and is twice as much as Argen. We just passed the cost of the model on to the Dr and told them to take out that healing cap and use an aftermarket transfer coping that's cheaper than the 3I's. She doesn't scan.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
models are completely inaccurate.. close your eyes at QC and you will be fine with encode

doug

doug

Reaction score
We had a local lab who was making encode models for us. 3i found out and created a real sh*t storm for the lab. Threatened to take away their license. We only do work for one doc who uses that system and we talked him into taking an implant level impression to get the future cases done. No one wins in this situation and the 3i rep is a D*ck and not allowed into the lab...according to the new owner. :) Not that he'd ever darken our door-step anyway.