Disposable Plungers

• Thread starter CaptainInsano25
  • Start date
CaptainInsano25

CaptainInsano25

Insane Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm wondering what a good brand of disposable plunger is. Ivoclar only provides re-usable plungers... which I don't like. (Mind you, it needs to be compatible with E.max's investment ring system.)

Thanks,
Insano

A

AL1

Reaction score
I have a friend that took an impression of the emax plunger and poured up his own whenever he would invest and used the extra investment.
I have never tried it but it worked for him.

P

Paul Drufva

Reaction score
Ivoclar has them. Look online unde E Max at bottom of page. I think they call them one way plungers.

CaptainInsano25

CaptainInsano25

Insane Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that took an impression of the emax plunger and poured up his own whenever he would invest and used the extra investment.

^^That's freaking nuts....!

--And the "one way plungers" on Ivoclars site are only for 300g sized rings...

I found some though, the Vacalon brand from Zahn provides an emax size plunger that works for 100g and 200g.

Thanks guys.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be glad to scan a plunger and get the CAD file.
Anyone ever tried a Zirconia plunger?

I'll make one for sh1t5 and giggles.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

That would be neat...If the e.max doesn't stick to it, you might be onto something.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Oh, Oh, don't let Mark see this - probably not GMP.
Didn't he get hired as head coach recently? Maybe he might let slip this one . . .
LCM

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score

Yahoo, send me one!!! I will try it, no problem!

S

stevenson

Reaction score

I kid you not, you toss out all the chemical Drano type stuff that never worked to begin with.

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
the vacalon disposable plungers work great. no problems at all

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
i think if the CTE of the zirconia is similar to the e max ingots it might work...
i know that the 3G from generic pentron wich is lithium dicilcate uses only disposable plungers, I have used the ceramic plunger once and i got micro cracks in the crowns.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Careful when using these, I had used Microstars" for a long time and the purchasing agent got some cheaper ones(Valcon) and I had rings split do to diameter variances in the box. I'm sure they solved this issue by now. You can make them yourself, but for a dollar a piece my time isn't worth it. IMO

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We used the Valacon plungers with great results.

S

sepyoukey

Reaction score
Our lab recently started making our own plungers out of investment. They work great! The only Vacalons we ever used were too small for the rings we were using, allowing ceramic to creep up the sides of the plunger. If you're buying disposable, I like the Microstars.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Our lab recently started making our own plungers out of investment. They work great! The only Vacalons we ever used were too small for the rings we were using, allowing ceramic to creep up the sides of the plunger. If you're buying disposable, I like the Microstars.

The vacalons work great now. I too, used them when they were too small, but they have since corrected the problem. They are probably the least expensive of all the disposables.

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
Using Vacalons here too. No problems. cleaning alox plungers isn't worth the time. Only crack I ever had was from operator error. LOL and yes I'm talking the crack of the rings of Emax.......... just to thwart off those whose mind went into the gutters real quick. LOL