Digital Facebow

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
So I've been tasked with figuring out how we could do a digital facebow in 3Shape. I've looked around... I usually only ever see the idea of it being talked about, and one or two mysterious videos on Facebook club that indicate that it's been done, but with no explanations on how. I've been asked to figure something out... not sure where to start. Thoughts?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Use exocad. :cool: There are a few solutions for open systems out there. The Russians have an interesting one.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
well, first you need an articulator you can copy. something like a SAM 2 or SAM 3. then you will need the facebow for that articulator, and a 3shape scanner calibrated with the SAM2 or 3 baseplates. from there is mostly simple data alignment.

if you lack any of that, there is also the DOF USA face scanner that can help replace the facebow system by aligning the scans of the models to the scan of the face using their proprietary block.

thats about all i can do to help at this point without opening my kimono.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
A few of us select user have a custom face bow plate set to 100mm from condiles but it is not being given out. so sorry, but here is a teaser. Screen grab from our tut video.

kois.jpg

Top Bottom