die sealer, die hardener, both, or none

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
depends on the die stone. on a hard stone like Fujirock or Tuffrock sealer is enough. on labstone blue, plaster or any die (regardless of stone) with a very pronounced margin and a lot of die trimming that might easily chip when you put your metal on it - use both.

if you just use both all the time youre covered for life.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Billy,
I see this is your second thread and your looking for assorted tips from waxing to porcelain because of your job working with techs with crazy techniques. Why not start a new thread like, "Waxing from A to Z " then another thread in metal etc.. I think this idea will be much more helpful than jumping from model pouring to waxing, investing to metal finishing, etc etc etc ..
Charles

Billy, check your Inbox at the top right side of this page...

Last edited:
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
After I have highlighted the margin with a red pencil, I go over it with Taub hardener. Make sure to keep it thinned so it soaks in.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Hardner/sealer... are they not the same thing? I know I have bottles of both, but was pretty sure they both sealed and hardened the stone.

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
DVA Die Stone Conditioner
This stuff is great. I also use it on adjacent contacts and opposing teeth to help minimize abrasion.