Design Ideas?

JCDD

JCDD

Reaction score
Hi
Just not exactly sure the best way to make this appliance. Dr would like me to re set #22 and bring into proper alignment. Would resetting the tooth and having acrylic on the lingual and the labial bow be enough to push and hold it into place?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
20130523_181419.jpg 20130523_181406.jpg.
20130523_181419.jpg 20130523_181406.jpg

Last edited:
ortho artist

ortho artist

Reaction score
We do that all the time with worse cases- sometimes resetting 22-27.

JCDD

JCDD

Reaction score
Thank you ortho artist for your reply! Yes I have moved more teeth with a modified spring retainer. But since we are moving just #22 wouldnt a hawley with a spring on just that tooth do the same thing, instead of doing the reset? I know theres definitely more than one way to do things. Just trying to understand why the Dr chooses one option over the other.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
lingual spring on #22, with labial hawley?

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Canines are hard to move with removables I've had low success rate. I let Dr.s know that. A spring aligner reset is usually reserved for the lower 2-2s. I would move then do a dual laminate thermoformed appliance

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
This case looks like a permanent retention case. The root needs to be torqued back through the bone. I agree with "smile" that canines are tuff titties to move and keep. Id go along the lines of an aligner with long term wear and maybe a bonded lingual after desired movement.

JCDD

JCDD

Reaction score
Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions. I did do what the dr requested on the lab slip, and since he wasnt in the office over the extended holiday weekend I wasnt able to suggest a possible different approach. So I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.
All the wealth of knowledge and experience is appreciated!

P

pommyjoe

Reaction score
hi
using a suckdown to move canines will work...but better if the dentist adds a composite wing nut before taking the impression!
and dont forget to do IPR. create space for the movement.