New Impak material

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone!

With the original Impak material being discontinued we recently got the new version in. Unfrotunately it is significantly more inconsistent in terms of flexibility or even function when compared to the original version we are used to. Has anyone had good experiences with the new version? Any tips?

We have done the same as we did where we would mix and pour Impak into molds, pressure cook for 45min and it would come out beautifully, flexible with good memory, a little heat and it softens right up. Now we do the same thing and its an aldente noodle, some batches are stiff some are incredibly flexible (To an unusable degree). Tried cooking it longer, different heats, hell even tried flasking it and go random crazy results each time. Some turned rock solid, some the core turned hard with super flexible edges.

Its been all over the place to say the least so looking to see if anyone has had a good experience with this new version.

Thanks in advance,

L

Leo C

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone!

With the original Impak material being discontinued we recently got the new version in. Unfrotunately it is significantly more inconsistent in terms of flexibility or even function when compared to the original version we are used to. Has anyone had good experiences with the new version? Any tips?

We have done the same as we did where we would mix and pour Impak into molds, pressure cook for 45min and it would come out beautifully, flexible with good memory, a little heat and it softens right up. Now we do the same thing and its an aldente noodle, some batches are stiff some are incredibly flexible (To an unusable degree). Tried cooking it longer, different heats, hell even tried flasking it and go random crazy results each time. Some turned rock solid, some the core turned hard with super flexible edges.

Its been all over the place to say the least so looking to see if anyone has had a good experience with this new version.

Thanks in advance,
Hi, so let me tell you a little trick. True the new Ipak is weird, but the thing to do is NOT to follow the mixing instuctions. This is what i do. So i have a glass container and i place the amount of Impak i will need, (clear or pink). I get a small dixie cup and pour some monomer in that. I "introduce" the monomer to the polymer a little at a time, so its almost dry but not quite You will see it, as your mixing you can tell if it needs more monomer or not. The trick is not to have real "soft mix". The mixture almost look "doughy". Then take in your hand quickly and mix it like dough. Like you would a dough mix of denture acrylic. This all as to be done fairly quickly, because if you notice it getting rigid, you have to back off and remix. I usually get it in the flask when it is still soft. Again introduce the liquid a little at a time to get a firm mix. You will still be able to work with it, just dont let it sit to long. If you follow the mix intructions, the material, after it is processed, is way to flexible. What happens is the patient tends to break it after a few months due to the softness.
Try this brotha and you will see the diff. Good Luck

Top Bottom