Dentsply Celtra

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score

I heard this stuff is cracking left and right. So much that I think it is already finished? That was quick,eh?!

broken_glass.jpg

corona

corona

Reaction score
wheres your source? what is that stuff anyway ?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Zirconia reinforced lithium silicate. Hand polish only and you have 210mpa. Run on a glaze cycle and you get 370mpa. Per my rep..

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Really, Scott, do you have a source (besides those voices) for this info?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
yes.

I don't start threads just for the fun of it.

I don't think you will find this in print, or in a report just yet.

Consider this pre-news. ?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You sound like you are pre- disturbed.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Dentsply's material is not disilicate. Same with Glidwell's Obsidioan.

eMax patent if for disilicate, not lithium silicate.

BUT,Want to hear of another more interesting suit?

Weiland actulally owns the patent for 50-100mm disks of Zr produced a certian way.

I heard Ivoclar/Weiland are suing Glidwell for the production processing of the Bruxzir *The pressing process and shape.

Crazy huh? Maybe many will move away from the 98mm disk soon?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Most of us received a letter from Sagemax explaining the agreement they now have with Wieland. I guess they made a licensing agreement.

I did hear not to use peg putty inside Celtra when firing. Use a firing pillow to sit them on.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Scott- any of the rectangle frames you had earlier still available? Didn't see them on your website??

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I tested this before it was released. It looked great, as good as e.max, but it does fracture. It seems very unstable. I am on the Inlab study group and there are MANY reports of it fracturing. Mine fractured after glazing. It sat on the bench for a few minutes then the crack appeared.
I will say that I ran the glaze cycle for extra strength and did not try to just mill and polish. The mill and polish is mostly for dentists with a chair side mill.

Wes Baker

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Scott- any of the rectangle frames you had earlier still available? Didn't see them on your website??

My web sites are terrible.

If we had no work, then I may fix them up?

Yes, still have rectangles and the frames

Hankins Laboratory

Hankins Laboratory

Reaction score
Most of us received a letter from Sagemax explaining the agreement they now have with Wieland. I guess they made a licensing agreement.

I did hear not to use peg putty inside Celtra when firing. Use a firing pillow to sit them on.
Where did you hear that? You can use peg putty, it has zero expansion and zero shrinkage and can be used on anything. It can also be used to heal any cracks caused by using a metal pin during firing. We manufacture Custom Peg Putty and Cer-A-Fix Custom Color Stump Putty as well as use it all the time in our own lab. We also office in a building with several labs and they use it as well, never heard or had a problem in using it with Celtra... would love to hear your experience. You can also order it from us direct, we are offering buy one get one free on the Custom Peg Putty. To order call 800-339-8321, we ship Monday through Thursday!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
From Dentsply....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Was told to sit it on a soft tray type material. I have only tried a few. Several friends have shared their experiences with it cracking but they were told the putty was to blame

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hankins Laboratory

Hankins Laboratory

Reaction score
Well, we have used the putty since 1990 and never had it be the cause of a crack, quite the opposite, it heals them perfectly. Considering Dentsply is just now testing this material for sale on their website I am also curious how they could say that with any credibility or true knowledge/experience. Maybe once they start selling it they will be more encouraging in its use and honest in its performance.

Hankins Laboratory

Hankins Laboratory

Reaction score
On other threads I've read its the rapid heating/cooling that causes the cracks... could that be possible for you or anybody else as well?