Outsourcing printed models?

E

ECDL

Reaction score
Is there anywhere near Philadelphia that ooutsources printed models?
I’ve been getting requests to accept digital scans but I don’t do this currently
Any help would be appreciated

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
It's one thing to print your own models, but the first step in all that is to be able to accept digital scans. It's not that hard, once you get the portals so the Docs can send you scans then you can get any lab that prints, do it for you. I print models for a lot of labs, mostly removable labs or implant but first step is getting yourself signed up for the portals. Find out what specific scanner your Doc is using, then sign up for that portal. Some portals are free, some are expensive if you're not getting many scans...depends on the scanner.

E

ECDL

Reaction score
It's one thing to print your own models, but the first step in all that is to be able to accept digital scans. It's not that hard, once you get the portals so the Docs can send you scans then you can get any lab that prints, do it for you. I print models for a lot of labs, mostly removable labs or implant but first step is getting yourself signed up for the portals. Find out what specific scanner your Doc is using, then sign up for that portal. Some portals are free, some are expensive if you're not getting many scans...depends on the scanner.
Thanks for replying, that’s helpful.
I guess I don’t know until I know.
So when the Docs tell me what type of scanner they have, I’m assuming I would go to that scanner web-site and get on board.
I’m sorry but im clueless.
I need this stuff explained to me like im a second grader!!!
Since you do printing for other labs, would it be possible for you to call me sometime?
I’m in the lab everyday 215-331-6781
regular hours

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying, that’s helpful.
I guess I don’t know until I know.
So when the Docs tell me what type of scanner they have, I’m assuming I would go to that scanner web-site and get on board.
I’m sorry but im clueless.
I need this stuff explained to me like im a second grader!!!
Since you do printing for other labs, would it be possible for you to call me sometime?
I’m in the lab everyday 215-331-6781
regular hours
I can but it would be real helpful for you to start here. Pretty much explains the portals/workflows I mention.