DentaLab for QuickBooks Software

S

stanthelabman

Reaction score
Does anyone out there use DentaLab for QuickBooks software and if so, how is it working for you?

griffmar79

griffmar79

Reaction score
I heard it was great for a small operation from a highly credible source.

H

handy1252

Reaction score
I use QuickBooks Enterprise and DentalLab for QuickBook.
It works good but takes little bit time to syncronize each other and it is little bet complaicate process. You need to get used to them.

BusinessCoach

BusinessCoach

Reaction score
The software is very good for small size laboratories. I mean anywhere from 1-5 tech labs.

C

CapitalWestTech

Reaction score
Does anyone have any other suggestions other than the Dentalab for Quickbooks? I have asked them twice for the link for the online demo, each time they give me a bad link. I do not want to pay for the software before I can make sure it will meet my needs.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
For what it is worth. Note I am a 1 person (with helper or two) lab using the invoice, Statement, accounts aging, & payment history. They also have a report that shows a list of what you have done and how many times, ie how many articulations, model dupe, baseplates, burx, LVI, TMJ , Set-up resets (whether you charge or not I like to keep track.) I've used winvoice for 10 years, backing up is easy on the program I have they have now gone to online which would eliminate the chance of loosing acounting data and the need to update as they do it on line. On the other hand I like control so I would use winvoicepro although I am not sure if it is still on the market, but a free download is still available. I use windows XP am not sure if winpro will work on newer systems IT does not work on VISTA (as so many other programs don't). WinVoice Online Dental Laboratory Software

dentalartslab

dentalartslab

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much this software costs? I am going to recieve a phone call on monday on the subject, but I'd rather hear it from you guys.

S

stevenson

Reaction score
Try Denticon, it is a comprehensive web-based dental practice management system that provides advanced solutions for improving the administration, quality and profitability of the dental practices....

Good luck! :)

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much this software costs? I am going to recieve a phone call on monday on the subject, but I'd rather hear it from you guys.

X2.... Wondering this myself. Thanks....

dentalartslab

dentalartslab

Reaction score
It costs 399.99 for the Starter Program (good for one computer). I've been using it for the last couple weeks. Works well, have to get used to it but they have great customer support. It does everything I need; scheduling, invoicing, statements, etc. The LabManager is a better program but bottom lines at 1k usd. You can buy it in bundles of 399.00 but will either only schedule or only bill, etc. Hope that helps.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
It costs 399.99 for the Starter Program (good for one computer). I've been using it for the last couple weeks. Works well, have to get used to it but they have great customer support. It does everything I need; scheduling, invoicing, statements, etc. The LabManager is a better program but bottom lines at 1k usd. You can buy it in bundles of 399.00 but will either only schedule or only bill, etc. Hope that helps.

Thanks....

Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
https://www.labannex.com

I googled upon this totally free web based lab management software and tried it out today. Its seems great! I dont think it has a way to email invoices or statements but other than that it seems to have everything a small lab would need. there is an faq page and complete help files as well. just wish I could email the statements but I guess I cant complain since its for FREEEE!

"Q. Is Labannex really Free!

A. Yes, this product is offered at absolutely no cost to you. There are no gimmicks and no catch, just a great opportunity. LabAnnex basic as it is presented today is absolutely FREE. We may introduce optional premium features in the future and offer these tools to labs that may find them useful."

F

forums

Reaction score
One of your members alerted us to some misconceptions about DentaLab for QuickBooks posted here. The Starter version of DentaLab for QuickBooks is limited to one user, so it is primarily used by small labs. The standard version, however, is used by labs of all sizes including some with over 300 techs, over 6000 customers. It has been developed as part of the Intuit Developers Network and synchronizes with QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Enterprise for versions in the USA, Australia, Canada, United Kingdom and is in use in 10 countries in addition to the USA. The standard version provides a more comprehensive set of features than the starter version.

F

forums

Reaction score
One more point: The download links from our website work well but you need to be sure that your firewall is not blocking the download and also determine if your security system has been setup to require administrator-level permission to download. Mainstreet's tech support team can provide guidance or, if you wish, work through a remote connection service such as logmein, to help you. Just give them a call.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Nice thing about WinVoice on-line is you can use it on as many computers as you have hooked to the Internet no matter where they are even your cell if you have internet service on it.You can set it up and use it and if you don't like it you just quit using it. You only pay by the closed invoice or a percentage. No backing up or any of that other stuff that goes with owning the software and you can export to Quickbooks.

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
ive always just used the regular quickbooks. (not the dental lab one)

works great for me. i customize the invoices and the statements.

tracks everything i need to track.

R

rhicks3302

Reaction score
ive always just used the regular quickbooks. (not the dental lab one)

works great for me. i customize the invoices and the statements.

tracks everything i need to track.

Ditto. I've used Quickbooks for 15 years or so. A few years back, I tried the DentaLab for Quickbooks (free trial version) but didn't care for it. With Quickbooks, I use the Receivables, Invoicing, Statements and Estimates for implant cases. Payables are thru my bank and all that info uploads right into Quickbooks for my accountant, who then tells me that I don't charge enough and I pay my employees too much.

K

Kurt Goodfellow

Reaction score
Hey, been reading the forums for a while now, decided to jump in. I help make Evident, Cloud Base Dental Lab Management Software.
I would be happy to answer any questions you have and give you a demo of our software, our phone number is on our website.
We are compatible with Quickbooks.

Dental Lab Software: Evident

F

forums

Reaction score
If you are interested primarily in using the computer to bill your cases and generate statements to your customers, QuiickBooks on its own does a great job and is the #1 selling system in the world. If, however, you want additional capabilities for managing your cases such as scheduling, tracking, case histories, doctor preferences, quality control, case graphics and documents, productivity analysis, government compliance, communication with the dental offices, etc. it is best to also implement a dental lab case management system. DentaLab for QuickBooks was developed as part of Intuit's Developers Network to add dental lab case management and truly synchronizes with QuicKBooks for greater accuracy and up-to-the minute records. It does not rely on the extra steps of export/import that often lead to inaccurate records and unhappy customers. Many times we encounter lab managers who think that all dental lab software systems are pretty much alike, but this is not at all true. Those who have had substantial experience and success with lab software have each developed their unique approach not only in the details of their systems but also in how they handle ongoing support, education, customization and the changes in technology and compliance requirements.

K

Kurt Goodfellow

Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more. Each system has its own unique features and lab owners need to make the choice that best suits their way of doing business. Our system can be configured to run any sized lab, but for labs that are looking to run their business using QuickBooks we have created a process that makes setup fast and easy. We provide premade products, and have your lab largely preconfigured. You only need to enter or import your employees, customers and prices. You can be up and running in no time, our record is four hours. We have used the most modern technologies to create a product that can run on every modern device that can use the internet. Evident can be purchased online in minutes, setup in hours, and can grow painlessly with your lab. We have made a system that is simple enough for a single technician lab to use, and so well built that our system should never hold back the growth of your lab. We have created an elegant way to maintain both the raw power large labs need, with the ease of use, typically only available in small lab software packages. We have NO upfront cost, and its only $100 a month for our system and unlimited online support! We believe that our software represents the future of the dental lab software market. We would be glad to answer any questions by phone, or through an interactive demo. We hope to see all of you at LMT Labday in Chicago!
Dental Lab Software: Evident

Last edited: