Help Wanted Dental Lab Opportunity

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The OP never said 200k/mo, everyone is assuming that.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The absolute best part of this thread is the fact the OP is getting all of these responses.

200k a month in lab fees LOL there is no such thing unless they are a HUGE chain and these guys normally negotiate contracts and certainly are not looking for $250 crowns.

Who knows maybe I am wrong

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
200k/Mo. Is not out of the realm of reality, granted that's a large account, but I've seen much larger accounts, just not sure I'd say no way till the OP comes back on.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Whats odd is the OP is not listed on their website

http://queensimplantdentist.com/doctor-bios/4524385

That must be the Dental Office... Dr. Jacqueline Abraham is on the Drs list. Phone number matches also.

I have seen a couple times, now, that Drs looking for techs, on this site here, are received with a lot of skepticism and cynicism. I have been in this business long enough to know that not everything that shines is gold, but still... Sometimes things are just like they apear: Somebody is offering someone an opportunity. Whom ever reacts on the offer will have to figure out if it is something for him/her.

Anyway, y'all have a nice Sunday!

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
http://queensimplantdentist.com/doctor-bios/4524385

That must be the Dental Office... Dr. Jacqueline Abraham is on the Drs list. Phone number matches also.

I have seen a couple times, now, that Drs looking for techs, on this site here, are received with a lot of skepticism and cynicism. I have been in this business long enough to know that not everything that shines is gold, but still... Sometimes things are just like they apear: Somebody is offering someone an opportunity. Whom ever reacts on the offer will have to figure out if it is something for him/her.

Anyway, y'all have a nice Sunday!
well said, it may be just what someone is looking for!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
G

grantoz

Reaction score
its the oldest trick dentist try to get a free in house lab.my experience from colleges that have taken this offer up is usually they dont get any new clients they also get charged to much for rent, the dentist has them by the you know whats so the pressure increases till it all goes pear shape and usually the practice manager will give the lab slave/techo a really hard time .There is always the exception to this but of the 6-7 techs i know who have tried this only 1 found it a positive experience.the bottom line 99 times out of 100 is the dentist is only thinking of the bottom line .i would even bet that there is a lab no more than a hundred yards away that they could use.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
.i would even bet that there is a lab no more than a hundred yards away that they could use.
google says the closest lab is about a mile out.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
its the oldest trick dentist try to get a free in house lab.my experience from colleges that have taken this offer up is usually they dont get any new clients they also get charged to much for rent, the dentist has them by the you know whats so the pressure increases till it all goes pear shape and usually the practice manager will give the lab slave/techo a really hard time .There is always the exception to this but of the 6-7 techs i know who have tried this only 1 found it a positive experience.the bottom line 99 times out of 100 is the dentist is only thinking of the bottom line .i would even bet that there is a lab no more than a hundred yards away that they could use.

You have some valid points! And I tend to agree. However, whomever is interested has to make up his/her own mind, if an environment like the one mentioned in the OP, suits him/her.

I have worked in a setup like this for many years. I am convinced, I am a much better technician now, having been able to work close to the patient, from day one of my career. But I agree, it is not for everybody...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You have some valid points! And I tend to agree. However, whomever is interested has to make up his/her own mind, if an environment like the one mentioned in the OP, suits him/her.

I have worked in a setup like this for many years. I am convinced, I am a much better technician now, having been able to work close to the patient, from day one of my career. But I agree, it is not for everybody...

Good post,I tend to agree.
However as time goes on we seem to become just as cynical as our predecessors. The ones we said we'd never become.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Not sure who this Dr. is. But if they are all the way out in Jamaica, Queens, thats why I don't know who they are. It's not far but there are millions of people and thousands of dentists between me and them. The lab I am at is doing much better than it used to be. But we still need help. This was a very busy year with no breaks in between. I wish there were more techs in NYC, we could use them.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Id love to live in NYC if it werent for all the people, and rats.. one in the same really.

Isnt queens where white people go to be murdered?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Id love to live in NYC if it werent for all the people, and rats.. one in the same really.

Isnt queens where white people go to be murdered?
I live in Sunnyside. As diverse as NYC is. Sunnyside, Queens is the most diverse. It's where I lived when I first moved here, and I'm still here. It's a safe middle class family type of area. It's clean, and safe.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Just looked at the crime stats.. maybe you wont get murdered, but with over 600 rapes and 5000 assaults annually in queens, I guess everyone has a different opinion of safe.. Safety is more a state of mind than a reality anyways, especially living in the most populous city in the country. 5000 assaults a year would put a black eye on almost every man, woman and child in the town I live.. Glad you enjoy it there, If I were younger and single, Id be all for it.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Just looked at the crime states.. maybe you wont get murdered, but with over 600 rapes and 5000 assaults annually in queens, I guess everyone has a different opinion of safe.. Safety is more a state of mind than a reality anyways, especially living in the most populous city in the country. 5000 assaults a year would put a black eye on almost every man, woman and child in the town I live.. Glad you enjoy it there, If I were younger and single, Id be all for it.
Frig, I worry about icy roads.

G

GeneNY

Reaction score
Just looked at the crime stats.. maybe you wont get murdered, but with over 600 rapes and 5000 assaults annually in queens, I guess everyone has a different opinion of safe.. Safety is more a state of mind than a reality anyways, especially living in the most populous city in the country. 5000 assaults a year would put a black eye on almost every man, woman and child in the town I live.. Glad you enjoy it there, If I were younger and single, Id be all for it.
its not that bad here... you should come and visit

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
When traffic is really bad here it takes me 10 minutes to get from one end of town to the other....
That's in the city, not in the little town I live in.

That must be downhill? :D

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
When traffic is really bad here it takes me 10 minutes to get from one end of town to the other....
That's in the city, not in the little town I live in.

It's about the same with where I live.

Top Bottom