Dark gum shade

T

Tonkster

Reaction score
Help!!

I picked up a case from the dentist office earlier this evening. He shows me a picture of the patients gums. I know for a fact my lucitone 199 meharry shade will not match-not dark enough.

Can someone help me get the right shade for this case and possibly future cases.

Thanks

S

Sun

Reaction score
Is this a partial or denture? For partials we use Sunflex dark meharry.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
Diamond D dark-veined. Normally i have to mix it with chroma essence because it is SO dark!

T

Tonkster

Reaction score
the shade i need is darker than any acrylic shade i have ever seen. Thanks for the imput!!

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
You could always try candulor colours to tint your normal resin.

Or a UK supplier - MR Dental HAS 3 shades of ethnic acrylic and you can make darker than most other resins;

MR Dental - Dental supplier and ORE 2 provider

if you contact them perhaps they can help direct you to a supplier in your area.
photos may not show the best lighting but give an idea
Medium shade;
ai47.tinypic.com_6znhh3.jpg

Dark shade;
ai45.tinypic.com_lzmuf.jpg
ai47.tinypic.com_6znhh3.jpg ai45.tinypic.com_lzmuf.jpg

Last edited:
Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I've used Kayon pwders to stain dentures in the past. I think I mix B and E together at different amounts to suit patient with my usual acrylic powder and process as usual.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
You may consider the characterization tints from various manufactures.
I have black, brown, dark purple, reds, blue, yellow,and assorted pinks that are used
to get the custom tinting.

Fricke, Candulor, Kayon, Enigma...

T

Tonkster

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I will look into the shade tints this week.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
You may consider the characterization tints from various manufactures.
I have black, brown, dark purple, reds, blue, yellow,and assorted pinks that are used
to get the custom tinting.

Fricke, Candulor, Kayon, Enigma...
Danny could you put in a picture series of how you do your tinting with the ivoclair injection, I would like to see how you do so. Do you use a insulation paste or tint directly on stone? paint it on salt &wet or mix little balls and shape them in place?

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Danny could you put in a picture series of how you do your tinting with the ivoclair injection, I would like to see how you do so. Do you use a insulation paste or tint directly on stone? paint it on salt &wet or mix little balls and shape them in place?

I dont have any up-to-date photos, and my good camera is in the shop. I will try today and take some with the older camera and
explain the procedure.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
I dont have any up-to-date photos, and my good camera is in the shop. I will try today and take some with the older camera and
explain the procedure.

AJEL,

Not having much luck with the older camera, so I will explain. The main thing is to have your wax-up exactly like you want it for anatomy, and thickness.
The wax needs to be stippled to be able to hold the tint after placing the so called insulation. I use 3M Imprint Bite Registration ( Vinyl PolySiloxane ).
That is placed on the facial and buccal of the wax up, and interproximals, but do not extend over the teeth on the occlusal surface. Using Ivocap,
the sprue wax ( 8 ga) is placed to the tuberosity or retromolar pads. Not up the middle of the palate as usual on a max. arch. After boiling out, cleaning
off the teeth etc. I let cool to touch, then characterize using the tints. I normally use a heat cured monomer, and sprinkle / salt and pepper in the tint where I want it.
Moving fairly fast to avoid drying out. If so, re-wet it. Then when flask is closed, placed in compress, injection tube of acrylic placed and injector applied.
The air control knob on the injector must be opened very s-l-o-w-l-y to where the needle is just creeping up to 6 bars. Once reached, the knob can be fully opened.
I let these bench set for approx. 30 min., then cure as manufactures recommendations.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Thanks Danny very similar to press pack & Astron injection, ever add any fibers? red, purple, or blue? I kind of like laying out a few veins from time to time.

Top Bottom