d700 experts

D

dhdc

Reaction score
Trying to calibrate,and after dot plate object has finished the swing arm will not return to the start position,meaning the calibration fails.Any ideas????

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Turn the scanner off. Shut down the scan server. Wait 30 seconds. Turn the scanner back on and open the scan server. Recalibrate then. See if that works.

D

dhdc

Reaction score
Thanks for that Ken,Just tried that and no joy....think i have a dud!!!!!

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
The cable to the dot plate isn't interfering with the swing arm at all, is it? I had the cord wrapped around the plate once and got an error.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Pull the scan server up and click on it to go into transport position. After it does, shut off the scanner. The arm should move separately from the motor that drives it. (Swing free). Cut off the scan server and then wait about a minute. Cut the scanner back on and then the scan server. Then open the scan server and see if you can calibrate it then.

D

dhdc

Reaction score
Thanks again for your time,just trying now............all seems fine when i put the dot plate in,and the platform seems in the correct position.........that hs just finished,but the lights are facing more towards me now,it is now asking for the square object,placed that in and clicked continue......Error..findmotorswitchposup;Home switch is already high{swingmotor}????????

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
That doesn't seem like a friendly error.. :(

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I do not know what else to try. Contact your support and see if they can remote in and help you fix the problem.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
could be you have a broken swing arm, or it isnt plugged in properly or the wire is broken inside the cord.

either way you will need to contact your supplier for support. hope its not your swingarm motor.

S

Shawn

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that a forum is your first line of support in this type of matter.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that a forum is your first line of support in this type of matter.

That's what I'm wondering. Why haven't you called your reseller, obviously it's a hardware issue and you will most likely need it repaired so getting an RMA as quick as possible is your best bet.

E

e...w...h

Reaction score
There are deeper parameters your dealer can access. Give them a call and I'm sure they can help you out.

D

dhdc

Reaction score
Thanks for all your time trying to help,the reseller ia aware of the problem and are 'making arrangments'.I was just wondering if anyone out there had come across the same problem,and may have had a quick technicians fix!
This is my first experience with Cad Cam and being in Western australia,nothing happens quickly,looks like i will be waiting another 2 weeks for a new scanner
Dean

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
This definitely sounds like a hardware error. You should ask your reseller to run the scanner diagnostic tool to get more specific information and determine the cause of error.
Two weeks sounds like a long time to be without a vital production tool in your laboratory.
Check with your reseller, we offer access to a loaner scanner free of charge overnight provided the scanner is within the warranty period and the issue is hardware related.
Western Australia is not that far away...

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
What version scan server/suite? If you're using Scan Suite, have your reseller adjust the existing scanner using the 'ScanSetup.exe'. In this option they will be able to adjust all of the axis and home it. That or they will need create a new scanner (using the same app) but there's a good possibility that will work.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Or uninstall and then reinstall the scan software, that works sometimes also.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
There is a PW protected menu in scanserver to reset the coordinates and do lots of other fun stuffs.. but your reseller should help you with that, after all thats what you pay for hahahaha