Custom Acrylic Design Survey

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Long time No chat!
Been extremely busy as of late, sounds like you guys have too.

I need your help...

I was asked to give a presentation at my local DLAT convention on March 27, 2010. Not much time I know!
My subject is going to be "Making a Profit from Simple Acrylic Designs"

But I need your input...

If you could, please take this short survey it will help me a lot in collecting data.
I am looking into the different pricing structures and construction methods used by your lab. The survey is short ( the free version only gave me 10 questions to ask). So please fill in the gaps on your methods and pricing here.
THank YOu so much!

The link to the survey can me found here on my site:
Design Your Retainer Online! - Survey

Or here is the direct link:
Retainer Acrylic Designs Survey

Please add any comments here or on my site

the lab lady

the lab lady

Reaction score
is the survey annonamous? i just took it, and offered to explain my one step to you, but you probabbly won't know who it's from...anyways, every retainer i do is one step- stripes, ploka dots, camo, flames, lady bug, watermelon, tuxedo- everything! it's about the process and material type that makes it work. anyways- let me know if you wnat more info. :) michelle

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
@TheLabLady

Thank you so much fro your input. It was hard putting that survey together, because I know there are a lot of different methods out there for custom designs. And they are called all different things. Plus I only had 10 questions to get my point across.

Is there any designs you do that require 2 step. Or do you just not offer those?

Also we should start a new thread for just the One-step method and another thread for the two-tree-step method.
I have some videos to post in each.
And you can share yours... we could start an valuable resource!

the lab lady

the lab lady

Reaction score
hi...i guess i would offer a two step, but i have not found any designs that absolutly require it. i just think of a way to get the same look in one step. what designs are you thinking of that are two or more steps?

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Well I have a Doctor that refused to give up this other lab's 4 page design chart, or booklet or what ever you call it! I would love to find a one-step solution, that looks good too.

This was a 4 step:
dsc04201.jpg

This was a 3 step:
img_0811.jpg

Any thoughts?

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Nice...just charge him for it. I like the rainbow music notes

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Our Services
wreath was a 3 or 4 step...sorry I attached it but file was TOOO big..hehe

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Our Services
wreath was a 3 or 4 step...sorry I attached it but file was TOOO big..hehe

I Like the wreath design! Nice sharp clean lines. It shard to get sharp line with one step.

Wonder if we could come up with something in between. Like pouring up the first color, curing in the pressure pot for only 2 min. or so, then taking it back out while the acrylic is still in its soft stage and carving (or pressing in a design)
Any thoughts?
Any one want to experiment with me?

the lab lady

the lab lady

Reaction score
i'm in! i'm working on a one step for the rainbow/music notes...i'll let you know how that goes. :)

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Well there are little black music note stickers

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
I filled out the survey, Lab Lady how do you do one step on so many of your designs, I wanna know your secret, do you share????

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for all your input! THe presentation went very well, I got all the ortho techs to discuss their prices and construction methods! Filled up the whole 3 hours of the time allotted. I learned a lot and I was the guy giving the presentation!

here is a link to the results. Now this was the fastest way I could get the results to you. I made a video of my presentation. Its a little fast through the transitions, so be ready with the pause button. popcorn
Also there is a lot of things in the presentation that may not make sense with out my explanation(like my research results). I may add a voice over to the presentation, or if any of you guys are interested, I can do a live webcast and do my presentation, just let me know if you are interested.

Direct link to video
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0p7OOg4igo0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0p7OOg4igo0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

or a link to my blog with the video and other info.
Design Your Retainer Online! - Survey

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Awesome, Cade
for some reason the application part is like on hyper speed esp. the voice over..
Man you should have been an Engineer (Project Manager) ;P

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Awesome, Cade
for some reason the application part is like on hyper speed esp. the voice over..
Man you should have been an Engineer (Project Manager) ;P

I forgot about the speed voice!!! HaHa! forgot to strip out the sound of the video.
I needed to speed up the video, because standing there while a slow video of someone pouring up a retainer would be Bor-ing!

K

Kacey

Reaction score
Do you have a new link to the video? This one isn't working any longer. I'm new here and would love to view it. Thanks.

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Sorry, I changed over my blog to a new server recently, so some of my links on here will stop working, here is the link to the youtube video.
[video=youtube_share;0p7OOg4igo0]http://youtu.be/0p7OOg4igo0[/video]

K

Kacey

Reaction score
that's so great, and so much work to put together. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot. Thanks for posting!

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Nice presentation, thank you.

Top Bottom