Convert .lab to .stl

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
M

MDTECH

Reaction score
You know what I find funny with Sirona is that nobody from them speaks up and says anything on this site! I mean they have a banner, so you know somebody is on here from that company but never gives any information, advice, or help when someone asks. You don't see that with Sam and Bob from CAP, or Scott(we all know Scott's no afraid to tell you how it is on here),or Glen from Roland. But how many questions have people asked on here about Sirona, and not one rep from there has jumped in and given any. It's always up to the end user to provide the help to somebody else.

agree

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
From my experience playing with the export options if the scan was done with bluecam you can export as a .cdt in the new 4.0+ software, the new opticam only exports in .lab files and those you have to send to infinident to convert until someone cracks that format

DrNK

DrNK

Reaction score
From my experience playing with the export options if the scan was done with bluecam you can export as a .cdt in the new 4.0+ software, the new opticam only exports in .lab files and those you have to send to infinident to convert until someone cracks that format
It is possible to export cdt file taken from omnicam

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
It is possible to export cdt file taken from omnicam

The option to export as .cdt is available but then after you export you get an error message, "camera type not supported" or something of the sort

J

jamhirschi

Reaction score
Was told the other day from a Sirona Rep that with the you can buy a software/dongle to export in stl. I guess what needs to happen is that you make 2 accounts in Cerec Connect a Doctor account and Lab account. Then send the file to yourself. Doctor to Lab. From there you can convert to stl with INLAB software and export it to 3shape or where ever. But he informed that you can not send it back to the mcxl for milling.

P

Padano

Reaction score
hi,
Who can provide me with a .lab file from sirona, i want to try a new software to convert .lab file to stl or any dental files.

Jonas

Jonas

Reaction score
Hi Padano, I can send you an .lab format file from a new inLab 4.2.3.........

K

khdental

Reaction score
If you want, I can transfer .lab to .stl
I use inlab and have a .stl export license. You could dropbox me the file and I will dropbox it back converted.
PM me to discuss details.

Dave

DrNK

DrNK

Reaction score
Who can convert vice versa STL to LAB or CDT ?

K

khdental

Reaction score
Who can convert vice versa STL to LAB or CDT ?

Unfortunately that cannot be done. Sirona software is a one way door. Closed going in, but can be open going out.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
converting individual .cdt files is easy with 3rd party software

but .lab needs to be converted via sirona stl export module which you pay yearly for.

Jonas

Jonas

Reaction score
In Italy too, but it costs 5000€.... I'm seeking for somebody crack their file, with third software like cdt...:cool:

P

Padano

Reaction score
Hi Jonas,
I have a software to convert any native dental file to STL.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Jonas,
I have a software to convert any native dental file to STL.

Dental Shaper the Rhino plugin?

P

Padano

Reaction score
Delcam power shape

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Dental Shaper the Rhino plugin?
Hi, am new to this forum, we still have the 'strawman' cs2 closed version, would this software work with its nmdl files? I know it works with the ES1, but am curious to know if it is even worth exploring this option further as our cs2 is gathering dust at the moment. Would be useful to use it again alongside the projet 1200 perhaps. Oh and any ideas as to what it costs? Thanks in advance.