Convert .lab to .stl

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Who wants to assist me in converting a .lab file output from Sironas inlab to an .stl?
I am going to design this bridge, cut it in PMMA, check the fit,margins, design. Make any adjustments, then send someone the .lab file.
Then send the .stl I received out for a metal milling...
Any takers? I'll have the file ready in a few days as I have till the end of the month to complete the case.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Needs to be a .cdt

Export in that file format, otherwise I don't think there exists a way to de-encrypt the .lab at the moment.

Maybe if someone bought the option to export in .stl?? I dunno?

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Hey marcus have you talked with your Sirona rep? They do offer a dongle that allows you to export the stl. file. I had it when we were trying the sirona crap lab. It might be just like the license though you have to pay for it every year. If I wasn't sending it back to where ever it came from, I'd send it to ya. I believe it's something like 2 grand for the stl export dongle

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
The settings/options area in Inlab is so slim, I am certain there are no options to export anything but the default...

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Hey marcus have you talked with your Sirona rep? They do offer a dongle that allows you to export the stl. file. I had it when we were trying the sirona crap lab. It might be just like the license though you have to pay for it every year. If I wasn't sending it back to where ever it came from, I'd send it to ya. I believe it's something like 2 grand for the stl export dongle

I heard that they do not offer it anymore, Sirona has re-locked everything.

Its certainly worth a call to your rep to see if its possible.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
I heard that they do not offer it anymore, Sirona has re-locked everything.

Its certainly worth a call to your rep to see if its possible.

I don't know. We had it a year ago, that's all I know.

Yeah I guess it makes sense that they lock up the worst system, so people with in-lab can't experience quality products from other systems. You know it might make them look bad n all!

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
You know what I find funny with Sirona is that nobody from them speaks up and says anything on this site! I mean they have a banner, so you know somebody is on here from that company but never gives any information, advice, or help when someone asks. You don't see that with Sam and Bob from CAP, or Scott(we all know Scott's no afraid to tell you how it is on here),or Glen from Roland. But how many questions have people asked on here about Sirona, and not one rep from there has jumped in and given any. It's always up to the end user to provide the help to somebody else.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
You know what I find funny with Sirona is that nobody from them speaks up and says anything on this site! I mean they have a banner, so you know somebody is on here from that company but never gives any information, advice, or help when someone asks. You don't see that with Sam and Bob from CAP, or Scott(we all know Scott's no afraid to tell you how it is on here),or Glen from Roland. But how many questions have people asked on here about Sirona, and not one rep from there has jumped in and given any. It's always up to the end user to provide the help to somebody else.
They're just avoiding an angry mob. I don't blame them for lurking in the shadows. :)

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
You should be able to export still as older .cdt file format in 4.0 +

My employee Brad knows more about than me, but we do have customers still sending .cdt from newer 4.0+ version.
The default file is of course the .lab, and that is more encrypted way.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
The only place I can imagine I am allowed to change those settings is in the Tools that require a password to enter into.
Anyone know the pass?
Knowing Sirona, I tried 12345, and it didn't work. :)

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I think you can buy unlimited ( whatever that means ) dongles on Ebay...

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
You have to have their STL export dongle. 2500 bucks a year

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Inlab password is the date , something like 091013. Since unloading er selling my inlab I have disposed of all my notes on this part of my life.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
Who wants to assist me in converting a .lab file output from Sironas inlab to an .stl?
I am going to design this bridge, cut it in PMMA, check the fit,margins, design. Make any adjustments, then send someone the .lab file.
Any takers? I'll have the file ready in a few days as I have till the end of the month to complete the case.

Do you want the model scans in STL ? and then you want to import into 3shape/Exo ? I might be able to help you out with that. Let me know.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Do you want the model scans in STL ? and then you want to import into 3shape/Exo ? I might be able to help you out with that. Let me know.
Pshhh, I wish we had 3 shape.
I have Inlab and an MCXL.
I think I'll just wax and cast....

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
Why not just do it with zirconia?

Q

qclab

Reaction score
The patient wants metal. :(

Infinident will convert the file.

C

crdl

Reaction score
pclab is correct. Send it to infindent. They will convert it for $15.95