comfortable lab chair

A

AL1

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good ergonomic lab chair.
The one I have gives me back aches and puts my unit to sleep aka the groinal area.

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
There is a chair company called Steelcase.
they make great, long lasting chairs in a wide range styles and pricing.

you can buy new but there are also alot on the used market. here is one on ebay..

in my area (silicon valley) there are a couple of large warehouse type places that buy out complete businesses when they go under.. they buy all the desks and the chairs and lots of other stuff. then they resale to the public for a fraction of new. i picked up a 600 steelcase chair for a hundred bucks out the door and its perfect for lab work. and it looks and feels like new.

i found that company on craigslist.

good luck.

ps. herman miller also makes some great chairs.

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
holly crap!
if you havent checked out the post above this one .. you gotta see the stuff this chair company has to offer.. the name is ergogenesis. and my aZZ defiantly wants this for christmas :cool:

Last edited:
AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
holly crap!
if you havent checked out the post above this one .. you gotta see the stuff this chair company has to offer.. the name is ergogenesis. and my aZZ defiantly wants this for christmas :cool:

Me too! my only concern is how will it hold up to the wax, acrylic grinds solder drops that have trashed my current bed bath beyond sale chair. It looks like it has those 1" wheels that won't roll over the edge of the carpet under my bench. I need the carpet to save my handpiece when my hand goes numb and the handpiece falls out of my hand and onto the floor. Then where would I find $2213. for a chair? or I found one on sale for $1592. I' m not sure I can make an IRA contribution this year. BodyBilt 3504 High Back Executive Big & Tall Ergonomic Chair
My current chair is broken but maybe I can find something on craigs list like U suggested before.:confused:

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
It was a couple of years ago that I bought it but definitely under 1k, $700 range maybe.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score

OMG we seem to do the same thing to stretch out a chair, or try to make it workable.
chair.jpg
[/IMG]

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You Americans have big butts.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
AJEL: Your a dirty denture guy, youll ruin any chair or carpet you get near :bath:

if i ever get the spare cash im thinking about having me ceramics room done out like a plush office with plenty of glass etc, totally impracticle but what the heck.

Last edited:
AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
AJEL: Your a dirty denture guy, youll ruin any chair or carpet you get near :bath:

if i ever get the spare cash im thinking about having me ceramics room done out like a plush office with plenty of glass etc, totally impracticle but what the heck.
In the Chicago area there is no water rationing & we have showers & baths in all homes & flats so I may be dusty but I wash regular (not dirty at all). I work with wax so wax does get on chair, & acrylic shavings,my Dysan seems to pick up most of it though. I do not smoke or have other really dirty habits, I don't eat at my bench, just an energy drink or three. I do have glass shelves in the cabinets though. Maybe my understanding of plush is off I thought that was for the boudoir, & I would not want ceramic grindings there!:embarassed:2

Last edited:
AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
You Americans have big butts.
I suppose if my 60kilo (140lb) frame was such I wouldn't have much wax or dust on the chair. The UK guy seems to imply his chair is sheltered from dust.

trianglej

trianglej

Reaction score
Go to "Sit for Less" and look into the "Hermann Miller" chairs. modelhttp://www.sit4less.com/products/Herman-miller/Aeronreg-chair-exclusive-true-black/93
I can sit in it for 16 hours and get up with looking like Quasimoto.

A

ALPHA

Reaction score
OMG we seem to do the same thing to stretch out a chair, or try to make it workable.
chair.jpg
[/IMG]

Laughing..back in 1985 i sat on a fone book under a towel toget the right height i needed at the bench.
then i got an ole Cushion. you guys getting too Bloody comfy these days.:cool: