Cold cure techniques for relines, RPDs, and night guards

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
cold curing a reline is like doing an inverted patty method for pouring a final impression....It will cause sore spots and generate a lot of wasted time in the clinic......two most important parts of any denture...the models and the process...

M

Makes Dentures

Reaction score
Huh. Maybe you're flipping it wrong or cold curing it wrong.... upload_2016-10-28_14-42-45.jpeg:)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
The refrigerator is where I cold cure.

D

dborla01

Reaction score
As a technician working with dentistry for many years, I have had a high success rate with cold cure relines. The issue, out of my control, has been poor impression technique, poor hydration by Pt., and poor tissue quality. In our clinic, as primary care providers the past few years, we have been mostly successful the first time around,.when doing jigged relines. :)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
cold curing a reline is like doing an inverted patty method for pouring a final impression....It will cause sore spots and generate a lot of wasted time in the clinic......two most important parts of any denture...the models and the process...
It may not be ideal, but it's very effective. I can't remember the last ideal thing I did, if ever. Close as possible. Always chasing perfection. . .

With the md,dds,ddos,tps licensed guy being the impedimental deadweight I'm dragging often as not.
I was there, in the operatory, when one such character said to the pt. "Sh1t happens" when decribing the totally preventable.

I really am glad for you, no sarcasm, that you can have the ability to have such great impresions that the expansion difference matters. But I have doubts that will ever be a concern for most dentists or labs. I offer heat cure and cold cure relines. Guess how many heat cure relines have happened. We're a team only when a dds goofs.

I need an cookie or an apple.(Mythbusters;))

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Need to make perfectly clear that I highly regard you and your technique knowledge. It's just too minutiative for most day to day work that comes to my lab, and likely most.

Not that I want to stop hearing about it. and dreaming about it mattering someday.

Inn0xx

Inn0xx

Reaction score
Cold cure techniques for relines, RPDs, and night guards, and FLIPPERS

This is a technique I have used for quite a while, actually many years, with good results.
Perhaps some of you can also use it with success.
The process works well with relines, most PDs, night gaurds, and ... dare I say it.... flippers. OH MY GOD.
Well it appears the file is to big to download here..... so if your still curious email me and I will send it to you via email.

Any way to share this information once again?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
Hello all...
It has been a while since I have been around and I just noticed this old thread I started...
Wow... Not even sure I have the file anymore but I will see if I can find it and repost it.
And yes.... I am still using the technique.

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
Amazing.... I found the file on an old computer I had put away.
The file is still to large to post here so if TheLabGuy would host it again it would be great.
Rob I sent you a PM.

Inn0xx

Inn0xx

Reaction score
The file is still to large to post here so if TheLabGuy would host it again it would be great.
Rob I sent you a PM.

Any way to use Dropbox ?

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
I have no idea what dropbox is....

Inn0xx

Inn0xx

Reaction score
Sharing application capable of hosting your file of up to 2G's

Inn0xx

Inn0xx

Reaction score
It's free

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Rob I sent you a PM.
Thank you for coming back and for going to the trouble to look. This has been like the lost city of Atlantis. Everyone's heard about it, some heard about seeing it, but till now, no one who has seen it can provide proof it exists. Looking forward with great interest. Maybe you could put it in the Resources secton?

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
All I can say is I have a very high rate of success with this technique and very few adjustments afterward.
Most important thing is a good impression and or the use of tissue conditioners.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
All I can say is I have a very high rate of success with this technique and very few adjustments afterward.
Most important thing is a good impression and or the use of tissue conditioners.
I am glad you have success with this method. I never have....Perhaps your experience in doing this way benefits you and your patients....I only do heat processed relines and or rebases and have few problems doing them that way...I guess each to his own with the most comfortable technique....It is good we have a choice.

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
TheLabGuy was kind enough to host the file again for me so it should be available in a couple days.
Thank you again Rob for your help in this.....:Hello:

Inn0xx

Inn0xx

Reaction score
Thank you, looking forward

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
Your welcome.... Hope it is something you can use or modify to your own personal situations.

Top Bottom