CMP Nobilium Mini-Duper 1.5 issue's?

K

kcb

Reaction score
Yes, Bud did talk me into the 1.5. mini dup.. That machine is crap!!! CMP DID NOT make good on there promises and charged me $135.00 to send the defective machine back to them. I contacted the VP of CMP/nobilium and he did NOTHING. They also charged my debit card that they had on file TWICE for One machine. Bud failed to inform me that he was charging my debit card $3,300 when I already paid them $2,300 for the first machine. Bud said he would only charge the difference between the two machine's . Bud gives you one price over the phone but charges you a higher price when you get the bill. Get everything in writing from this company.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! What a crappy experience, I wonder if they know how many techs are reading this...doesn't exactly make me want go out and get anything CMP. Yikes!!!!

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Wow!!! What a crappy experience, I wonder if they know how many techs are reading this...doesn't exactly make me want go out and get anything CMP. Yikes!!!!
Kim :hippie:aka KBC is a friend and from my experience a real easy person to get along with, she would bend backwards twirling a baton to get along with a salesperson, or client. I just don't see what Elmer, Anna or the sales guy Bud are thinking. She couldn't talk on the phone in the room with that 1.5 Grinding & clanking & it burned up a batch of hydrocoloid, yet they say there was nothing wrong, one just has to wonder how low the quality has gone from a very well respected mfg. I just looked my replacement motor on my 2 gal is from China. I suppose that is how they are trying to make money.
:smash::eek:

K

kcb

Reaction score
Thank you Ajel. This was my first bad experience and I have been in the business for 19 years.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Kim the gearhead on my 2 gal CMP froze on Thursday 14 July Elmer gave me the order number & for $680. they sent out and had a new gear head to me on Saturday. The planetary gear looks fine but there are some ball bearings at the bottom that dry out and one of the bearings got into the mesh and froze it. The motor comes off and it work fine but CMP only sells it as a combo.:dontknow: The gearhead went out in 2005, I bought the machine in 1999, it appears the gears only last 6 years. I wonder if anyone else replace the motor & gear head on their CMP Duplicator

L

lou

Reaction score
I just bought the mini-dup two weeks ago, melted the first batch and the hold temp would not stay on more than a hour or two and the whole machine would shut down.

I called last monday and was told a rep would call and come by and take care of it, havent heard anything so yesterday i called and left message, still no word.

It is so loud i can go outside and still hear it, the top blade vibrates which is making most of the noise.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
CMP a Major Manufacturer of Dental Laboratory Materials and Equipment is a respectable company that has earned technicians respect but this mini dup is not helping them. I have the 2 gal & I hear the 3 gal has had very few issues. Their Ticonium clasp wire by far has one of the best memories of wires I use, the Ticonium Solder electric thick strip my absolute favorite Au,Zn,Ni solder. If I flame their Nobilium easy flow has the flux right in the stick. Their flex star material is pretty fine as well. I hope they can get that mini dup up to the standards expected from them, & some customer service might need a bit of tweaking..

K

kcb

Reaction score
The fan makes tons of noise ,clunks and eats power like crazy. My bill went up $40 a month. My advise is to have Bud take it back with him. He will tell you no one has ever had a problem with it or the noise. CMP/Noblium refused to refund my shipping costs $140. Good luck with returning it. It is a nightmare. Make him take it with him. I had two of them sent to me both of them were a POS!!! I even contacted the President of CMP and he did NOTHING about it!!!

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
I've been shopping for a dup machine and getting ready to make a purchase. I'm glad you posted your experience because I was going to get the 1.5 gal , but after reading this there is no way I would. I have no remorse for bad customer care or overpriced dental equipment...Thanks for posting your experience I will now look at the bego or the Nevin does anyone know how good either of these are??? TCS makes one that is quite affordable it's not real pretty but it's affordable ...anyone have any experience with these??

Little late but thought I'd throw my opinion out there. About 4 months ago our Bego Gelovit 200 went down after 3 yrs. I wasn't to happy about that for a $4,000 unit I thought it should of lasted a little better. They wanted $1800 to fix it so I decided to just buy new.

I called and ordered the CMP 1.5 mini dup aswell from Dale Logan (who I've delt with quite a bit over the years and really like) well long story short after about 3 weeks and many phone calls I still had no machine. (no fault of dale's) So I called and cancelled the order and immediately ordered a TCS unit from zahn that was delivered 3 days later for somewhere around $1600.

This unit has been awesome! From day one no problems, runs quiet and has a 5 year warranty My $4,000 bego had a year :confused:

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
bullet proof duplicator

I bought the 2 gallon from Posca bros out of LA about 15 years ago. I use it every day and have never had a single problem with it. Its build is simple. It does what it is supposed to and it just keeps working.

Mine is so old it has legs and is blue on the bottom part. (now they are stainless all the way down but otherwise exactly the same) A friend of mine has the CMP and nothing but problems. The paddle part breaks often and the area where the goo comes out is hidden and is always getting clogged up. When i go and visit his lab the techs are always sticking something up under into the hole trying to keep it unclogged.

They now sell it in a 2, 3 and 10 gallon. its made in the usa. im sure its still made by Posca but lots of distributors are selling it. (i think pearson, lincoln and zahn)

I think the best price is coming from the folks at Imperial Dental. They work directly with Posca and carry all of their products. I have bought stuff from these guys for many years and i think they are great to deal with. Really pleasant with the best pricing.

here is the ebay link for the machine i have. its a different name on the auction but it is Imperial Dental. If you look at the other items for sale you will see the other Posca stuff. other duplicators, pressure pots, pour flasks etc.. If you contact them directly you can get a better deal.

Duplicating Dispensor / 2 Gallon, A USA Company | eBay

If you want to contact them directly here is the info.

Nuwan
Manager
Dental Wholesalers LLC
1877-483-3368

R

richards91754

Reaction score
Has anybody had any issues with the Mini-Duper 1.5 ? I purchased this with the salesman's recommendation that is a quite machine. The first machine they sent me did not function. This one is so loud I have to leave the room to talk to my customers.

I am testing a Mini-Duper that has the loudest motor I have ever heard.
Fact: Taking a DB mesurment at 12" away from all sides with the back panels removed was as follows:
Back = 72db
left = 73db
Right = 76db
Front = 70 db
Fact:
A Wisper in a quiet Library = 30db
Normal Conversation @ 3 to 5' = 60 - 70db
City trafic in a car = 85db

R

richards91754

Reaction score
Kim :hippie:aka KBC is a friend and from my experience a real easy person to get along with, she would bend backwards twirling a baton to get along with a salesperson, or client. I just don't see what Elmer, Anna or the sales guy Bud are thinking. She couldn't talk on the phone in the room with that 1.5 Grinding & clanking & it burned up a batch of hydrocoloid, yet they say there was nothing wrong, one just has to wonder how low the quality has gone from a very well respected mfg. I just looked my replacement motor on my 2 gal is from China. I suppose that is how they are trying to make money.
:smash::eek:

Fact: With most all duplicating material, one of the majority components is water. The Mini-Duper is a water bath unit therefore, the machine could not have burned up a batch of Duplicating material, It could however, have over cooked or held the material at a higher temperature due to a problem with a thermocouple design that has been rectified .
Fact: In the beginning, there was a miss-instruction pertaining to filling the Mini-Duper with “Distilled Water” By doing so, the unit would think there was not enough water in the bath section and would not work. Once solved, that issue left the machine. The distilled water was something that was recommended because of the casting machines having self contained water. The use of the distilled water stopped deposits and blockage.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
As I said, I think anyone working in the lab should wear ear protection even when
trimming models. I do. Finally loaded avatar picture . . .
LCM