Carestream to oem Nobel

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
I have a account that wants to use a carestream 3600 scanner to do oem Nobel abutments. I called Nobel but they could not give me a answer if this would be a problem( they told me it would be up to carestream!). I have 3shape, Exocad, dental wings and Cerec cad software and would rather not dust off and activate what ever Nobel scanner I have here. Anybody know if this can be done, thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Can't see why not - just get an Elos Nobel scan body...

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
I was told by Nobel that they will not recognize any io scan other than itero or trios. Even if you buy there design software you cannot import open stl files and use oem Nobel abutments. I will have to recommend Atlantis for this account

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
So much miss information

If you are producing Nobel custom abutments in your lab via 3 shape its no issues at all.

The issue is that there are two types of ELOS scan locators one designed for lab use one designed for in the mouth.

How you fabricate the path to the abutment is up to you if you want to produce the model first and then rescan that model to make the abutment you can use any damn scan locator you please and then treat it like any other abutment going to nobel.

If you want to do a ELOS DIM printed model and go straight to the abutment design off the digital scan you will need them to purchase the ELOS IO scan locator.

If you are handy with software you can hack your own library together to allow you to mix and match scan locators and still have nobel except your abutment design.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking John, but nobels technical support tells me otherwise

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking John, but nobels technical support tells me otherwise

Who are you going to believe me or them :)

Call me sometime if you really need the straight poop. We do them this way all the time

Top Bottom