Why do the big implant companies complicate everything?!?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Going on 1.5 hours to get one ****ing abutment to work

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Pics of my phone call durations while tech support figures out how to send themselves custom abutments from Exocad?🤣🤣🤣🤣
I can design everything just fine, it’s them trying to figure out exactly which combination of their options to choose from in the case creation. “Looks like You have to select this option then this option and then this option, Or you can select this option in this option then go back and select a different option then come back and select that option again and then this final option and then design. Hmmmm. That did not seem to work. So let’s try selecting this this and this, and this. OK now design the abutment but when you’re asked to design the crown do not design it. Thanks for taking 40 minutes to be with us give us a call if you have any more questions.” Re-designing and submitting to Straumann order tool. Error. Call back Tech Support . After 10 minutes waiting, “ OK let’s Select everything again. Oh. I see where we went wrong looks like you have to do these options… Give us a call if you have Any more questions.”
Redesign the abutment try to submit through Straumann order tool. Get error. Recheck everything by myself. No luck. Call back Tech Support. After 5 to 15 minutes waiting. “ It looks like for this line of abutments you have to select this type of scan body and this type of material but it will still be a titanium custom abutment so it will work out.”
Redesigned the case. Upload to Straumann order tool. Wow! Case excepted successfully! I guess I should be saying how easy it is to work with them.

Not sure what pics I could send. My depressed face?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
THIS is why I tell the Docs use our scanbodies or send it elsewhere. I guess one of my Docs sent it to Riley...sorry :p. We average ten implant cases a day, all use our scanbodies and if not, they are rejected as soon as they send them. I'm a stickler on it because I don't have time to chase down or wait on hold.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
THIS is why I tell the Docs use our scanbodies or send it elsewhere. I guess one of my Docs sent it to Riley...sorry :p. We average ten implant cases a day, all use our scanbodies and if not, they are rejected as soon as they send them. I'm a stickler on it because I don't have time to chase down or wait on hold.
Agreed
Either take the pain now and stand your ground, or take the pain later when your chasing Dr's whims..

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I am not quite the dictator Rob is. I highly encourage our doctors to follow our work flow by sending them free scan bodies and explain to them the benefits of using the abutments I recommend. I'm more of a Benevolent Dictator. :)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I keep asking and sharing my pain with them. They have scan bodies I’ve sent them. We do about 30/week and 3 guys are holding out because they have Straumann reps that must have Carte Blanche when it comes to babying them. Yesterday I raised the price $75. Next week maybe another $100.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I keep asking and sharing my pain with them. They have scan bodies I’ve sent them. We do about 30/week and 3 guys are holding out because they have Straumann reps that must have Carte Blanche when it comes to babying them. Yesterday I raised the price $75. Next week maybe another $100.
This is how I would handle it. I still have a couple docs that want to use stock abutments. If I have to grind on an abutment or create a reduction coping....$60 charge.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I did this for awhile, then i was on the phone 'again - wasting my time' explaining the $100 extra fee. Finally said fk-it, reject them on arrival, I have our front desk call them and ask if they need the correct scanbody and most times the patient is still in the chair and they rescan using our scanbody, other times they bring the patient back. I guess I'm a dictator, did i say i hate being on hold?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I did this for awhile, then i was on the phone 'again - wasting my time' explaining the $100 extra fee. Finally said fk-it, reject them on arrival, I have our front desk call them and ask if they need the correct scanbody and most times the patient is still in the chair and they rescan using our scanbody, other times they bring the patient back. I guess I'm a dictator, did i say i hate being on hold?
That's a good point, just one more thing to try to explain, especially when it has to do with $$. It can become another hand on their hips question asking as far as why.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Guess what I'm doing with zimvie now.......?

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Since you already highjacked the thread....Deep Purple was the very first concert I ever went to. Them and ELO, fantastic!
Amazing Doris!!! Furthering the highjack 🙂 My 1st concert was a plan. Joined a buddy of mine to make some quick dough. Got to Riemer Trucking Depot in Montreal and we were asked to unload a refrigerated trailer and re-load an empty one. My 1st thought was why the h..l not just connect a different tractor to this trailer. Contents, 75 hanging full beef carcasses on hooks we had to lift up and off and 115 30lb boxes of cold cuts. Just switch to other empty trailer. Got it done and made some cash which went to:
Montreal Forum Concerts
'The Who' with opening act 'Lynyrd Skynyrd'. Turned out to be well worth the effort. Amazing concert. I was 16 at that time.
Deep Purple surpassed them in my mind, at that time for sure and including Led Zeppelin asThe Best rock bands ever imho. My fav ever though was Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon tour a year later. Was at the outdoor Montreal AutoStat, build for Expo 67. The moon actually rose and set behind the stage over the open stadium. The opening act :
The J. Geils Band....no words, still to this day🙂

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I used to see the Straumann and Dentsply implant reps pretty regularly but they are both gone and if they were replaced I’ve never seen them.

Top Bottom