Best White Wax Puck?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I've tried all the white pucks out there and they are all very plasticky. The best one so fat is Machineable wax, but was wondering if anyone else has found a different material to use.

Requirement - needs to be more waxy than resin/plastic.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Are you using for diags or for casting/pressing?

What I find is that like most wax the opacity is not there when Thin. Luckily we use White Fuji so the digs do not shine through but I would like to have model work with a slight contrast to the diag>

We use Machinable wax for Diags every other one had some sort of issue. Let me know if you dig something better up.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
yeah this is for diagnostic wax as well.

The Machinable Wax one is great, but the price is a bit high, and i think it is similar to quality of CAP White Wax, but still cheaper than CAP White wax.

I'm kicking myself because I saw a peach-ish one that looked great at IDS and i totally didn't get the info down and i can't remember which booth it was..

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
I tried a white wax from Fino Germany (Fino frame wax) , very translucent but very good milling, I'll show photos …
I don't know the CAP wax, do you have photos ?

may be the guy from CAP can send me a free sample ? ;)

Not sure … :)

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I have FREE white wax samples folks. These burn out absolutely clean! $13 all standard sizes ( Continental U.S)

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i'm not looking for burn out. I'm looking for a substance that is more waxy than plastic....it needs to be workable, i'm not worried about contamination, most of these will never get burnt out

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Unlike the rest of us...
i <3 you.

haha do we really get burnt out? I think we're the clingers that add spots to the pressed ingots afterwards.

yup, if you wikipedia Dental Lab Tech: Speck contamination on e.max dead in the center of the body of #9 Veneer

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
True story Bro.....

I was called "Superman"by a client that stopped by and when he left my wife laughs.

I said what was that about, She said you once were but the world keeps sticking Kryptonite up your ass.

Then I quote the saying " That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

She then says "I thought I smelled something rotting".

Then she kisses me.

Wow I love this woman, such a perfect match.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
If your interested I'll send you 1 white wax puck eyeloveteeth nothing to lose. FREE shipping FREE product.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
True story Bro.....

I was called "Superman"by a client that stopped by and when he left my wife laughs.

I said what was that about, She said you once were but the world keeps sticking Kryptonite up your ass.

Then I quote the saying " That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

She then says "I thought I smelled something rotting".

Then she kisses me.

Wow I love this woman, such a perfect match.
John you are completely to old to use the term Bro with any street cred. Lol

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
LOL,

Speak for yourself, I most certainly am not, don't make me sagg these jeans more and put my flat rim hat (adorned with stupid stickers) on sideways and make ridiculous hand gestures to make you believe I can pull this sh!t off.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hi-Tech Has the best I have ever used, but it is very soft, so if you doing veneers they will be a pain in the rear. But full crowns no problem, it is the closest i have come to get to the Whip Mix Life Like white wax.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Hi-Tech Has the best I have ever used, but it is very soft, so if you doing veneers they will be a pain in the rear. But full crowns no problem, it is the closest i have come to get to the Whip Mix Life Like white wax.

hmm i'll have to look into this! thanks, I've used their block out scan wax on models for scanning for many years, never thought to see if they had a direct CAD/CAM puck.

Top Bottom